Have you cried yet? (1 Viewer)

Mahogany

HSC
Ack, is it possible not to cry during the HSC? I am at the bottom of my year in pretty much all my subjects, so my midcourse confirmed. Ancient history was my best subject previously, and at 55% it was rather difficult to stop crying. Stress gets to you. One of my friends has commented recently, you start year twelve and it's all good. Not much stress or anything. It slowly creeps up on you and one day you realise, "Oh my god, the HSC is my life". This makes me cry, because it is true.
I'm struggling to get the marks I'll need for uni, but I'm about ready to give up trying, seriously. Tafe'll do. Maybe...... Pardon me while I go beat my head up a brick wall.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
beccaxx said:
i cried when i got my hsc marks back. but it was a really happy cry. i know i didnt do as well as lots of bosers.... but when i saw wat i got (at 6 oclock in the morning) i burst into tears... and then dad burst into tears. it was the best feeling, knowing it was completely over and i didnt hav 2 go back and do it again.

i dont think i cried over doing badly in assignments.... but i cried with stress tryin to get them done. i figure it was better than killing urself, which some ppl seem to do over the stress. yeh its stressful, yeh it is horrible at times, but crying worked. and its not bad to cry. i rekon most ppl did in my yr.
I cried heaps in yr 12 too, especally when I got 80's in both subjects I did last yr. (it was such an awesome feeling as you've said) to know I got through year 12 disability and all; doing a full mainstream HSC made it so much more special, not only for my family and I but also for my teachers and school too.
I still cry heaps get heaps of work for welfare and yeah sometimes it feels all too much and stuff. I admitt I'm a bit of a sooky la la, but hey that's me.

lala2

Banned
HSC
This year so far, I've cried only once--when I received my Chem assessment back. I didn't burst into tears--I'm one of those more silent criers.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
i cried cause katie wont give me a copy of her av...
er... no but anyways its so adorable and i was relleh relleh upset for phys

MaryJ_

HSC
Just some general advice. If crying makes you feel better, go for your life. We could all do with some sort of outlet during such a tough year. If it just makes you feel downright depressed, or if you are crying uncontrollably, maybe there's something more to it, that needs to be checked out.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I get so stressed over very little, so if anyone was gonna cry over an exam it'd be me... but even I think that one exam is not worth crying over, specially in front of other people.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i've cried before an exam. It was the day of my last half yearly exams - legal and business. It was so stupid because they had the two most content dense subjects on the same day :(
I was just stressing so much

I don't know how I'm gonna cope with the HSC

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
i cry over almost everything...mostly at home or when something is way hard... or i forget something in an exam...

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Now, I prefer to bottle all those destructive forces up and release them at appropriate times. Like when I listen to Slipknot...that's about the only time really. I think I've become addicted to Corey Taylor.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
no, i havent cried... i get really stressed sometimes but i havent cried... i wont be surprised when i do though

X

xeuyrawp

Slide Rule said:
I have nothing to cry about, so...

I don't think crying is girly, but I think unwarranted crying is stupid (exams ain't the end of the world). Crying is a biological function designed to help the body/mind cope with some problems. When it really matters, holding it in is likely to be more psychologically detrimental than letting people knowing you are capable of excreting salt water from your eyes.
When I read your post, I was saying "I bet he does math or computer science".

I had a really rough time during the HSC; the combination of terrible friends and other medical things made the whole experience much worse than it should have been. After I finished my final exam, I walked home and was thinking about the whole school thing- I'd been there since year 3 and realised that I really got nothing but education from there. I got home and it did kinda all burst out. Kinda silly, considering I never cry, but it's the terrible truth :p

*Scarlet

HSC
N/A
Samie_Loo said:
i cry over almost everything...mostly at home or when something is way hard... or i forget something in an exam...
Hope you can survive later on after school...

X

xeuyrawp

I remember hearing a story about this Korean chick in our year who cried because she lost a silly mark in Ext2 Math.

rusty_rouge

HSC
Sweets said:
I always said i would not be one of these ppl, who gets so worked up when they don't do as well as they want to in a exam and then they start crying or something.

I can't believe it but I did it today after i got my religion exam back I cried. So now I will no longer judge.

However now I have put into perspective that it was only 10% and i'm slightly better.
Well, my maths homework can sometimes reduce me to tears, but not other school stuff. Usually its just the little things that tip the scales, after a really bad day.

E.g., the last time I cried was a month ago, when I'd had a crap day, I was getting sick, and it wouldn't stop raining. Technically, the rain made me cry - it's so dumb it's funny!

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
i'm on the verge of crying at the moment. it's 3am and i've got 3 huge assignments due on monday morning and i've only done one of them.

being overwhelmed makes me cry, but just randomly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)