Have you read your texts for english? (1 Viewer)

Have you read your texts for english?

• Total voters

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
topic.

I have not read any of my set texts in english. I started Frankenstein, but it just bores me. I don't see myself reading any of them at all...
Tbh, i've only properly read one book for english since 2011 and I didn't end up using it as a related text.

Last edited:

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
I set my frankestein on fire

Cl324

HSC
N/A
I dont think Ive ever fully read any prescribed texts that are longer than a couple pages.
Worst attention span everr.

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
I am completely truthful in saying that in year eleven, I did not read any of my set texts. In year 12, for belonging, we went through the poems, so I guess in a way, I read them.

I didn't read my related text for belonging. I read a lot of internet summaries and used internet quotes, which is probably why I didn't do well.
I know i'm really lazy, and i'm self loathing for it.

But I have a lot of other shit to do because i bludged term 4 last year, and i'm super behind

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I read Frankenstein and watched Bladerunner.
Wouldn't dream of so much as looking at my copy of Julius Caesar until we do it in class though. Counting on No Fear Shakespeare to get me through it :D
Anyone else here doing Harwood's poetry??

Timske

Sequential
HSC
Uni Grad
yep me my school actually did it last year for some reason...

We did the glass jar, prize giving and 1 more i cant remember

Cl324

HSC
N/A
I am completely truthful in saying that in year eleven, I did not read any of my set texts. In year 12, for belonging, we went through the poems, so I guess in a way, I read them.

I didn't read my related text for belonging. I read a lot of internet summaries and used internet quotes, which is probably why I didn't do well.

But I have a lot of other shit to do because i bludged term 4 last year, and i'm super behind
I am exactlly the same as you. Like 100% the same. I didnt read my prescribed or my related texts last year or any year during high school.
But for me i dont think it wouldve made a difference if i had read the books. I just cant retain information well.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
yep me my school actually did it last year for some reason...

We did the glass jar, prize giving and 1 more i cant remember
Lol, we don't do any of those :) What did you think of her poetry?
We did Philip Larkin last year - morbid but amazing poetry all the same.

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
I am exactlly the same as you. Like 100% the same. I didnt read my prescribed or my related texts last year or any year during high school.
But for me i dont think it wouldve made a difference if i had read the books. I just cant retain information well.
I never read anything for english ever either.
Ugh, what is wrong with us?

I got away with it until I started prelim. From A's in english to limiteds. lol.
I know I could do so much better if I tried, but it's hard when you hate the course+content and have a shit load of other crap to do.

jnney

lemon
HSC

English is super important. Don't make the mistake of putting it aside just because you don't like it, because it may prevent you from obtaining the atar / getting into the course you want. Saying that you 'don't have time' for a subject is really just an excuse sometimes.

esu_chan

HSC
Emily Dickinson was THE BEST~

Frankenstein was AWESOME~ (I was expecting worse because of the HERP DERP film adaptions)

Blade Runner was really boring... At first I didn't get it, and then when we analysed it, I thought it was stupid.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Emily Dickinson was THE BEST~

Frankenstein was AWESOME~ (I was expecting worse because of the HERP DERP film adaptions)

Blade Runner was really boring... At first I didn't get it, and then when we analysed it, I thought it was stupid.
That eye/killing scene creeps me out :\

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
English is super important. Don't make the mistake of putting it aside just because you don't like it, because it may prevent you from obtaining the atar / getting into the course you want. Saying that you 'don't have time' for a subject is really just an excuse sometimes.
I know :(

You're absolutely correct. To compensate for not reading it, I read a lot of other material.
Probably isn't the same, as you can't form your own ideas from it. I'm a module behind in almost all my subjects, so that's what I mean by don't have time.
That eye/killing scene creeps me out :\
I like bladerunner.

SanjoyM

HSC
Read Frankenstein 4 times - read it briefly 1st time, 2nd 3rd 4th - analysis
Now 5th to compare to BR :):) LOL No, I'm a not a psycho :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)