Have you started bio study? (1 Viewer)

Have you started studying for the monday exam?

• Mnnnyeeees.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Nein!

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Whose in the same boat as me. I havent studied for bio since the half yearleys.
But this poll relates to if you havent yet studied for the Monday exam.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I havnt studied since the beginning of the HSC for biology. I will start again once i get rid of my software exam on friday

Charon.

HSC
N/A
The good thing about bio is that u dont always have to know the details. If u know the basic concepts u can answer many of the questions they throw at u.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
acmilan1987 said:
I havnt studied since the beginning of the HSC for biology. I will start again once i get rid of my software exam on friday
is it on friday? your sig says wed...i got confused :p my deputy wrote your SDD HSC exam by the way :p

Charon- while that may be true, the content is massive, and if you're like me and crap at memorising, then you needa bit of time!

ive started studying for Communication (my option) because i hardly know it..we did it after the trials...ill dos ome revision for the other topics soon

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Woops yeh its friday, i forgot to change it cause i had maths ext 1 on wednesday

amandaz

the thing about bio is that everyone says its easy....and throughout the yr ur like yeh its cool........ but then when u actually sit down & try & start (what im doing now), u realise HOW MUCH u gota know...and how much u dont know

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
yeah, its quite straightfoward, but the content is massive...its very scary how they can pick any dotp oint to test you on :p

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I started in the holidays, l've been going through each syllabus topic and writing.

I've just started SFBH, l'll finish it by tomorrow morning probably.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
yeah, its quite straightfoward, but the content is massive...its very scary how they can pick any dotp oint to test you on :p
Thats true - there are a lot of dotpoints and in order to get full marks you have to include everything - l'm scared.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
The scary part is the massive amount of content and that some dot points are really complicated.
The happy part is that they rarely ask any hard dot points or some obscure one, they are generally ordinary, crappy questions.
like in the genetics topic they could ask all these hard questions on HOX genes and gene cascades etc, but instead they give you a 3 marker on modelling dna, so crap :mad:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wtf are hox genes and cascades. thats not in the syllabus?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
i think that's in the option module, genetics.

relax people! you've got the weekend :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nope, but I know my shit. I just need to work on expressing myself better for the questions asked.

= Jennifer =

HSC
i have a general idea about the core and no idea about my option so i am screwed to the max although i will be cramming all weekend guess there will be no BoSing for me the next two days! see yous all in the exam thoughts forum next week goodluck studying :rolleyes:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
wtf are hox genes and cascades. thats not in the syllabus?
its part of the genetics option - though its really just an extension of some of the stuff in the blueprint of life module.
i started studying ages ago...but then i stopped when i got to the hsc and have since only been focusing on the next exam. but now bio is the next one...eek! if only there weren't so many things that they could ask you about. im such a nervous wreck if i don;t know everything about the subject im sitting. ah well, it'll all be over soon.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I've been reading and writing down things from each topic - l'm pretty well covered for maintaining a balance, blueprint of life, half of SFBH and half-ish for communication.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
withoutaface said:
Nope, but I know my shit. I just need to work on expressing myself better for the questions asked.
How are you going to improve on that? The only way that I can think of is to look at the exemplar responses from 2002. The 2001 responses only have the 5/6 cut-off and the success one responses seem less than exemplary - to me.
That was my problem with the CSSA trial - I only lost about 3-4 marks for not knowing the information and another 15 for not explaining it well enough or not knowing exacty what to write ---> :. I must improve my verb understanding.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Zarathustra said:
How are you going to improve on that? The only way that I can think of is to look at the exemplar responses from 2002. The 2001 responses only have the 5/6 cut-off and the success one responses seem less than exemplary - to me.
That was my problem with the CSSA trial - I only lost about 3-4 marks for not knowing the information and another 15 for not explaining it well enough or not knowing exacty what to write ---> :. I must improve my verb understanding.
I'm probably not going to be able to improve on responding:S

Today I'm just looking over notes and Macquarie, and praying everything works out tomorrow. And yes Success One responses suck, I'm gonna go through one of their papers and mark them against the HSC marking criteria after tomorrow, see if they can crack 90%:p

SydGuy17

i've finished my study i am ready as i'll ever be for this exam. luckly i've always found bio easy and am planning to do it at uni. i ended up writting about 22 A4 pages worth of answers to practice questions my teacher gave me plus the excel study cards god bless excel lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)