Heathers (1 Viewer)

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
yes, and i believe it to be gold.

have you seen it? do you have anything to actually say about it? lol, im not trying to be rude, im just wondering where you're coming from...!

HSC
well to continue to look like a total retard in your books, i haven't. however i've heard it is really good. but i can't find it at any video stores and ebay only have region 1 dvds of it. was it officially released on dvd in australia?

plus i've read quotes from the movie and its plot and it seems really funny yet dark- with all the (accidental?) killings. i've come to the recent conclusion that winona ryder is actually a good actress who can play any age. apparently she was dropped from the godfather 3 because its director coppola didn't like the subject matter of teenage suicide which was in heathers.

also heathers is always on lists of the best teen movies or the best 80s movies which i have a soft spot for.

dead cactus

captain tightpants
HSC
hmmm... i believe i was actually saying that i wasn't trying to be rude, and therefore was in no way implying that you're a "total retard", i was just trying to ascertain where you were coming from. But i guess you may have read further between the lines than i intended and found meaning that i didn't actually, well, mean.

Heathers should actually be pretty easy to find, truth be told im surpsied you can't find it in any video stores. most of your basic blockbuster/video ezy's should stock it, though smaller ones may not. Try the big evil chains!

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/222737
the film has been released on dvd for quite some time now, multi-region, the above link shows the features etc. IIRC the first time they released the DVD it was done with a huge packaging thing, like a free metal lunchbox and pencil case or something like that, im so pissed off that i didn't grab it while i could!!

But yes, the movie is excellent, winona and christian are excellent in it, it's well wrth hunting down. I've heard that she was dropped from godfather 3 so that copolla could put his daughter sofia into the role, a decision that was much maligned for, well, it's yet to stop!! thank god sofia copolla's a better director than actor, lol, that girl got PANNED!!

enjoy the film

HSC
make a final judgement on sofia's directing after you witness her casting kirsten dunst as marie antionette though. that should be hilarious - wasn't marie supposed to be mean, extravagent and ugly(in a beautiful, rich way of course)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)