Hello, I have accepted my offer at USYD... (1 Viewer)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
is IB harder than the HSC?
I don't know if it is necessarily 'harder' but it is more strict on what subjects you have to take, not in the hsc where you can take whatever you want.
In the IB, you have 6 subjects, 5 being from English, Language, Humanities, Science and Mathematics and the 6th being from either arts of a double up from Languages, Humanities or Sciences.

SO I guess it requires a more well rounded student

idkkdi

HSC
I don't know if it is necessarily 'harder' but it is more strict on what subjects you have to take, not in the hsc where you can take whatever you want.
In the IB, you have 6 subjects, 5 being from English, Language, Humanities, Science and Mathematics and the 6th being from either arts of a double up from Languages, Humanities or Sciences.

conversion is bullshit. 45/45 easier than 99.95. objectively some of the content they learn in HL subjects is harder, but it only takes 7/7 per subject and IB doesn't have scaling so u could cheese your way to 45/45 by taking 'easier' subs.

Last edited:

idkkdi

HSC
is IB harder than the HSC?

for reference IB schools that ranked in the 40s and above when they solely did hsc, had more converted .95s pre-ib-nerf than ruse. not sure about post nerf.

dumNerd

HSC
conversion is bullshit. 45/45 easier than 99.95. objectively some of the content they learn in HL subjects is harder, but it only takes 7/7 per subject and IB doesn't have scaling so u could cheese your way to 45/45 by taking 'easier' subs.
They have changed the system for 2022 cohort (2023 uni entry)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
bro why is there even an IB in the first place. It just makes everything that much more confusing, only reason why those schools exist is bc they think they r 'making a difference'

kkk579

hello
HSC
bro why is there even an IB in the first place. It just makes everything that much more confusing, only reason why those schools exist is bc they think they r 'making a difference'
do only private schools have it?? so far i haven’t seen any selective/government school have ib.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
do only private schools have it?? so far i haven’t seen any selective/government school have ib.
only one I've ever seen (as a rural student) was a crampt little building referred to as the 'leadership academy' where their 'playground' was a carpark

daisy_22

HSC
That's honestly so true, its scaling that messed most people up, don't know why Nesa couldn't just give us the mark we deserve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)