Help, employer ignoring me? (1 Viewer)

kding214

HSC
Hi all,

I've found a good job at a cafe and at my 'trial' the employer told me that she would like to employ me and that if I were to accept, I would call her to arrange shifts.

Her English is not very good but I came to understand that I would be paid according to performance or how 'quick' I am starting with a trainee casual rate of 10 p.h. (is this illegal?) I am 17 y.o. although she says some staff gain pay rises by the week (which I am a bit dubious of)

So as I know her english is bad, I decided to both call and email (with questions about modern awards applicable, penalty rates, taxpayable etc.) and she has been ignoring me since.

My question is, since she offered me a job and told me to call her, was she turned off by my questions? I figured an employer would appreciate my knowing everything was above board? Or should I dumb it down

I am desperate for a job, please help

Lydia_88

HSC
http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/national-minimum-wage/Pages/default.aspx. Casuals should be higher than that, depending on the role.

Not worth it as you mentioned she doesn't answer your questions. She should be able (or refer to someone) to answer those questions you asked her.

Payrises dont happen weekly, they happen overtime i.e a year. Where abts is she from? Because certain employers from certain countries pay below the minimum wage.

But do look elsewhere.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I work at big w and I am 17 @$12.50/h

Legally as long as she pays you according to an award she can pay you training rates however only for a fix time (3months usually)

I believe she meant after a week if you pick everything up she'll take you off training rates eary

zombies

HSC
I work at big w and I am 17 @$12.50/h

Legally as long as she pays you according to an award she can pay you training rates however only for a fix time (3months usually)

I believe she meant after a week if you pick everything up she'll take you off training rates eary
I'm 16 and I get $7.49/hr :( Pizza Hut.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)