Help from |337 ones plz...!! (1 Viewer)

-[Kakashi]-

HSC
i need help on these couple questions... plz help me.. im screwed badly already...!! :( so can ppl help me plz *cough*NekkidSerpent*cough* :D

Genetics: Code Broken?
(a)
(i) How would you gather information on the processes used in tissue
culture or animal cloning?

(ii) How would you assess that the information you collected was relevant
and reliable?

(b)
Explain why the aims of the Human Genome Project could NOT be achieved by
studying linkage maps.

(c)
In your study of Genetics The Code Broken?, you performed a first-hand investigation to model the processes involved in meiosis that relate to linkage.
Justify the procedure used and the conclusions drawn.

thx ppl..

psycho_mushy

HSC
I can't copy and paste bloody 16 pages of my notes on that option!

give me an email and I'll buzz it over to you....

I've it dot point for all points.... so even the pracs are in there

tempco

HSC
a.
i. Are you asking for the actual processes? or where I would get them from? Well, if it's the source, then I got it from Heinemann Biology, or maybe the internet. If it's the process, tell me, and I'll try and recall them.

ii. You would have to check when the info was published, and see if there are any conflicting pieces of info from any where else (that would involve you looking at different sources of information). Also, the source could be checked out, to make sure it's reputable.

b. Linkage maps only give you the relative position of one gene from another, not the absolute position. This means that you don't know exactly where the gene is on a chromosome if you study linkage maps. Also, if genes are really close together (we're talking about the molecular level here), the method used becomes inaccurate. Since the HGP needs to know the actual position of the genes to use them (extract the healthy genes for gene therapy, for example), linkage maps would not be enough.

And one more thing.. it's unethical to perform human breeding projects, since that's what you have do in order to obtain linkage maps.

c. I think psycho_mushy should be able to help you on this one. If he/she can't, then I'll post it up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)