Help From Economics Gods (1 Viewer)

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
Im finding economics such a difficult subject to cope with!

No matter how hard i try for this subject, i always end up with a reali dissapointin mark...

In class, i find it hard to concentrate with the massive loads of information the teacher dishes out. At home, its even more of a tug to sit down n UNDERSTAND everything... Its not that i dont understand the theory... its applying the theory with the statistics n structurin it in an economic way... aish... its everything!!!

HELP NEEDED ><

how do u smart bums do it :cold:

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
im no economic god, but i can predict the future. im looking into my crystal ball right now...here comes somehting...the prediction is..

skypryn < AGB, UAI style!

Last edited by a moderator:

AGB

HSC
if you post a more specific problem dreami it would be much easier to help :)

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
orite thanks AGB

its basically just how to do best in exams... wot do economic essays look for...

my case study assesment last term was a real dissapointment... wen i went thru it wif my teacher... i realised it was jus the STRUCTURIN of the damn essay... n then i went home n restructured it n got a WAY higher mark...

such fickle things... =.=

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by :: dreami ::
wot do economic essays look for...
the main things with essays is that you have a good structure, mention all the relevant points within the topic, have the necessary theory and also current stats to back up your argument

say for example that you had a question on the impact of globalisation on a country, you could tackle it a couple of ways. firstly you could do the 8 points straight from the syllabus and make that your structure, or secondly, you could use the economics issues in topic 3 for the structure i.e. growth, unemployment, inflation, distribution of income, external stability and the environment

if you made each point a paragraph, within that paragraph you would need to define what it is, relate it to your arguement and provide current knowledge to support your argument....thats pretty much it

hope it helps :)

btw, there are a lot of methods you can use for essays, but that is the one i use....

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
even though i just finished my hsc, i'm not gonna post, cos to be honest, i've seriously forgotten everything...*brain flush*

santaslayer

HSC
always start ur eco essays with the definition of a subject matter.....eg...if essay is about labour than define labour first.....

is a roflcopter
HSC
nooooooo
always start with something fancy and hectic and pretentious

like shakespeare

and fake an essay plan
teachers dig that

Lainee

HSC
*agrees on the essay plan* :p The advantage is that if you don't manage to finish your essay within the given time, they can see from your plan that you knew to include that certain point. Dunno if they consider that for marks in the HSC exam though...

EDIT: Wait a sec, don't -fake- it though! ...although, I've gone back after writing an essay and added a plan once or twice. :)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
ive never really considered a plan..or if i did do one i probably would throw it out on my scrap paper. never really thought it could get marks if handed in. nice tip. i reckon (but maybe this is just my teacher) that the intro and conclusion are sososososo important its not funny. when the marker picks it up, they probably make up their mind about if its god or not after reading 2-3 sentences. make them non-cliche, clear and fluent, explaining basically that you know the topic. when the teacher knows theyre reading the last para, if they havent been paying much attentino or something, all they have to go on is what they can remember. hopefully this was a gripping beginning and a strong and conclusive last sentence, that adds some closure to the topic.

yeah thats my essay tips..

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
how do u prevent from being too "descriptive" (as my teacher regarded it) and being more "analytical"...

i kno for ancient history... analysis have a conclusion... but i dont think thats the case for economics :sad:

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
try not to give many specific case examples. just give broad statements about economics, then give their adv/disadv and whats being dine a bout them

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
woah crap i just realised on my stupidly lengthy nothing post, i said id get a lesser UAI than agb. man im stupid thats a crucial mistake.

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by skypryn
woah crap i just realised on my stupidly lengthy nothing post, i said id get a lesser UAI than agb. man im stupid thats a crucial mistake.
i changed it u fool :p :p :D hahaha

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
hahahah damn moderators!

get control of the damn forum! :smile:

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
oh you changed it did you AGB? yeah i was pretty sure i wouldnt do somehting stupid like that. and why did you change it? scared are we? PS did you block me on msn or do you just never go on?

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by skypryn
oh you changed it did you AGB? yeah i was pretty sure i wouldnt do somehting stupid like that. and why did you change it? scared are we? PS did you block me on msn or do you just never go on?
im not scared at all......i just wouldnt want something that is factually incorrect in this forum, thats all :D :D

and i havent blocked u on msn....i dont go on that often.....

EDIT: but when i do go on, you arent on, which gives me reason to believe that you have blocked me :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)