Help!! I'm totally screwed for speaking!!! (1 Viewer)

littlemissbossy

HSC
:uhoh:
So, here's the story.

My sister is getting married on Saturday the 21st of August, in the afternoon, and for those of you who know your HSC timetable, the German Continuers speaking exam is also on Saturday the 21st of August between 9am and 4pm - No exact times as of yet.

I'm a bridesmaid at my sister's wedding, and one of my other sisters already can't come to the wedding, and it just about broke her heart when she found out.

I'm doing pathways, and I'm only doing 5 units this year: Legal Studies, German continuers, and German extension...and I think that as a last resort, I may have to drop German and do it next year, but I don't know if the DET would let me keep extension without continuers.

My question to all of you is:

Is there any way, in heaven or hell, that I can do my speaking exam earlier or something so that I can make it to my sister's wedding????

I only just worked this out about 5 minutes ago, so I haven't brought it up with my school yet, but any advice that you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

littlemissbossy. xx

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Say sorry to your sister, because there ain't no way they're going to change it.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
What time is your sister's wedding? If it's in the afternoon, maybe you'd be able to schedule your speaking exam in the morning, and vice versa. I know that's still not an ideal solution, but there's nothing much you can do about the situation.

spazamataz

HSC
The only way you can find out is with a phone call/email, you can claim exemption for religious reasons if you get a letter from the priest or whatever it is (well, usually you can).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
First off talk to your school and ask them to contact the BOS and see what can be done to help you.

Secondly contact the BOS directly.

They may be able to schedule your exam for first up in the morning so that you can still make the wedding but don't leave it too long or it won't be possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)