help!llooking for alternative entry for a very low atar (1 Viewer)

chopstick

HSC
N/A
i am totally failed in english standard, probably will get a result of <10 atar for english, so the final atar probably<80. And i will remain as a international student untill June next year, (so far can not apply for specially consideration and other studies disadvantage eg. distance education, isolation, non-english background). but i am desperate to get into the engineering UNSW in next year or the year after. i don't feel like repeat year 12, so is there any other alternative ways? please help!

witide

HSC
There was the FEAS alternative entry to UNSW engineering, but it's too late for that now. Best idea is add some backup unis to your preferences that have a lower ATAR requirement. Get good marks throughout the year and apply for a transfer next year.

Good luck :)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
i am totally failed in english standard, probably will get a result of <10 atar for english, so the final atar probably<80. And i will remain as a international student untill June next year, (so far can not apply for specially consideration and other studies disadvantage eg. distance education, isolation, non-english background). but i am desperate to get into the engineering UNSW in next year or the year after. i don't feel like repeat year 12, so is there any other alternative ways? please help!
hahahaha.

however you have to be able to write a comprehensible report so english has some relevance.
luckily because we have fob lecturers you can get off with the occasional spelling and grammatical errors.

try FEAS for now as an option.
hsc english may drag you down but in engineering they focus more on the maths and sciences, so make sure your marks in those subjects are very very good.
they can get you up to 6 bonus ATAR points i believe.

you still need to be able to convince them you want to get into engineering somehow.

or if you are good enough you dont need to go through FEAS.

There was the FEAS alternative entry to UNSW engineering, but it's too late for that now. Best idea is add some backup unis to your preferences that have a lower ATAR requirement. Get good marks throughout the year and apply for a transfer next year.

oh right, after the OP stated he desperately wants to get into Engineering at UNSW.

M@ster P

HSC
Sadly its too late for FEAS now, I got the very very last interview on 10 december, applied 3rd december.

OP see what atar you get then consider your options from there. Have you considered UWS? they have around 70 atar cutoffs for engineering, I guess you can work hard and get good marks and transfer into UNSW the next year? or UTS, I believe they are more lenient with entry so you prob have a better chance to get in.

Anwyways good luck with results

chopstick

HSC
N/A

i thought FEAS was only for australian student, not for international student. does FEAS have limit on atar for eligible apply? is it possible to differ university next year and apply for FEAS use this year's hsc result?

is there a very high chance to get a transfer, if i did well in next year. and also which way is more likely to get a transfer, choose a different subject in UNSW or study engineer course in othter university? or any other way through TAFE?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)