HELP, please! (1 Viewer)

sepul

HSC
Hello I just need some info quickly, so I can re-assure myself.

I wasn't eligible for some of my courses I applied for in Qld because I didn' achieve a "high enough level" in maths... I did 2U maths and got 40%.

However to my knowledge as long as you complete the course, ie do all the assessments, units, exams etc in NSW you are still eligible for courses requiring 2U maths. I ask because I want to do a B. Science which needs 2U maths and I want to know if they will consider me eligible.

oh yeah and why do courses that still have vacancies ( ie B. Science at Orange ) have such a high UAI cut off ( 80 ? )

Thanks

hello

everyone!!!!:)
HSC
N/A
yeah its just assumed knowledge about maths. coz im gonna be stuck with b science and i done general maths and i done none of the sciences they mention. what uni r u going to do it at? your stilll able to do it , in my case ill just be disadvantaged coz i dont have the assumed knowledge

sepul

HSC
hmm I thought it was a REQUIRMENT ? maybe that's in Qld only ? no wait I remember my careers advisor saying they don't consider you if you don't have the subjects needed. I wanted to do it at Griffith ( not the greatest uni ) in Qld then maybe change to UQ, but now I'll have to settle for UNE or Uni of Sydney - Orange campus, IF I get in, because I didn't put either of those in my preferences, so I'll have to try and make it in on second and final round offers, but according to that doc they still have vacancies.

hello

HSC
N/A
yeah its assumed knowledge so u r still able to get in, thats wat i was told, please someone correct me if im wrong

hello

HSC
N/A
anyone else know? when it says assumed knowledge does it matter if you havent done those courses?

sepul

HSC
Or if you did do the courses does it matter what mark you get ?

hello - I'll try posting in another forum and see if I get any answers, I'll paste you the link ok.

David27

Assumed knowledge means it would be advantageous to have done math, but it doesn't preclude you from picking the particular subject.

hello

HSC
N/A
thanx sepul, oh and also sepal what major will u wanna do if u get into b science? and wat was ur uai? mine was 69.1. and from doing b science wat job/career will u want to get out of it. coz im actually going to get into it i think but it was like a backup and so i dont evan know what type of jobs it offers from completing it. which science major will b best, biotedhnology, biologcal or general science? thanx sepul

sepul

HSC
That is OK

Come on SOMEONE must know the answer.

P.S we need to keep the thread alive which will increase the chances of a reply.

santaslayer

HSC
it depends on which uni u go to...sum unis REQUIRE u to..its a prerequisite, but other unis let u off, and anyway, u can always apply for a bridging course

sepul

HSC
OK and assumed knowledge = pre-requisite ?

Also, if your UAI is below the cut off for a course but it has vacancies ( assuming you did the required subjects ) do you have a good chance of getting selected ?

*hopeful*

HSC
for certain courses they specified how well u must have done in maths
i 4got which or where but it said u must have got a band 2 or above in maths
so maybe dat wuz ur problem

sepul

HSC
nah the coureses I'm looking at doing now wern't on my first round preferences. I'm going to have to rely on the second round Vacancies, so does anyone know if a course says "vacancies" if you have a good shot at getting in ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)