HELP, please! (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
if it reads V, its vacancies..

but problem for late round offers is that uai cut off will jump a lot due to the number of demand in proportion to the number of spot available..

sepul

HSC
How can you say that without knowing what the demand is... with some courses the demand drops, and in some it increases and the UAI cut off follows accordingly.

But I know if it reads V it's vacancies, how the hell else do you think I knew it had vacancies, what I asked was that if it has vacancies and I did the required subjects for the course do I have a good chance of getting in, even tho' my UAI is below the cut off ? And the course I'm going for isn't in a popular area.

^___^
HSC
a big chance it will rise..(check 01,02and0 3late round offers)

of course as u said, if the demand is low, and then the cut off will drop, and it happened to a few, but majority rose a bit..

if your uai did not meet the required uai, then chances are its hard for you to get an offer, cos the cut-off uai is the min. uai the uni will give an offer to.

sepul

HSC
I realise this, but you're still not answering my question.

I'll say it again...

"what I asked was that if it has vacancies and I did the required subjects for the course do I have a good chance of getting in, even tho' my UAI is below the cut off ? And the course I'm going for isn't in a popular area."

^___^
HSC
if your uai did not meet the required uai, then chances are its hard for you to get an offer, cos the cut-off uai is the min. uai the uni will give an offer to.

required subjects has got nothing to do with whether you get into uni or not

as stated earlier, if it has vacancies, the aui cut of might rise or drop, no one knows now. if your uai is below ur cut off, your chance is slim

if its not a popular, then the uai might drop since there might not be a demand, but even so, if your uai still cannot make it to the new cut off, then you won't get an offer

sepul

HSC
I don't see why they wouldn't offer you a place if the course has vacancies if you are eligible for the course ( ie did the required subjects ), just read the UAC 2004 cut offs document, it says...

"If you applied for a course marked with a V and you were not made an offer, your
qualifications may not have been sufficient to gain entry into the course in this round."

Nothing mentioned about cut offs, just about if you qualify to be selected for the course ( ie required subjects ).

I'm going to ring the uni and ask them myself.

~Dreamer

HSC
theres no point arguing over something that is tangible such as this, just wait and see what happens, maybe you will recieve an offer in late round, maybe not...

sepul

HSC
ok I gave them a call and they said that because they have vacancies and even though my UAI is below the cut off, there is still the possibility of me getting in.

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by sepul
ok I gave them a call and they said that because they have vacancies and even though my UAI is below the cut off, there is still the possibility of me getting in.
ahh, good to hear...

sepul

HSC
yep so I'll just have to wait and see now. Hopefully not many people will apply for two reasons 1) It's in Orange which is a hole and 2) This is the first year that Sydney Uni has had B. Science at Orange - What do you think ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)