Help pleasee!! (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
hey guys,

i need some help with my English assignment which is on Hamlet. i have a few questions that i need you guys to answer:

1) whats the best way to prepare, its an in class essay and we get the question on the day>

2) what are we meant to do with the critical readings (traditional , feminist etc)?

3) what are the best themes that i should talk about or prepare an essay on? (i was thinking using deception, appearance vs reality and revenge and merge those three. ) would that be effective? of is there a better way to do it?

thanks to all that help and rep is available :)

blieu

HSC
Main thing: Know your text. Know the acts and scenes, back to front like the back of your hand.
For critical readings you can incorporate it into your response but don't base your whole response on it, and use themes that will support your thesis. Do you have any idea on what act/scene your assessment question is looking at? Any hints your teacher has given you?

mike12345678

HSC
nope none what so ever :(

she told us today the question is hard to prepare for but she said doing the 2011 HSC question will help. so obviously I'm going to do that,

but in class we've only read the play and gone through what it means so we've done absolutely nothing on the themes so i don't understand how to answer a question for Hamlet and that's why I'm here asking for help.

ohsofluffy

HSC
1. You remember the what,how and why ( You need to have a thorough understanding of the text, you need to know what techniques are used to elevate that particular and what is/are the effects of that technique). Then you shape it according to the question.:sun:

Alkanes

HSC
For Hamlet, the question is very broad and specific (e.g. last year's question required students to answer the question based on the last scene of Hamlet) and requires your judgement and interpretation of the whole play, not just regurgitating ideas that have been said by other people. In your response you have to relate Hamlet to things like textual integrity (take a look at the rubric for module B).

mike12345678

HSC
bump ^

any other answers

please i need help i have an assessment on wednesday for Hamlet.

please and thankyou

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
To prepare, just learn the critical information well: themes, values, characters, relationships; with quotes and techniques to back it up.

The readings are meant to be used to help you form an opinion on the text. For example, if the question asked you to look at the character of Ophelia, then you could use information that feminist theorists talk about. As far as I know, you no longer have to quote any of the theorists, or mention their names.

Important Themes in Hamlet: Death, Madness, Role of Women, Revenge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)