• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP REQUIRED ASAP! (1 Viewer)

ylhd

HSC
is it possible for me to get into a bachelor of medical science (80.30) at macquarie with my atar of 85.05, the catch is i havent done any science based subjects or advanced maths - ive only done general maths. assuming i get in, it goes for 3 years, then if i ace all my subjects is it possible for me to gain entry into a bachelor of medicine/surgery at UWS (atar = 98) ?
I am hoping this will pull me through ???

HSC
Uni Grad
it's not actually that far it's just you have to go through sydney city and peak time traffic

HSC
Uni Grad
is it possible for me to get into a bachelor of medical science (80.30) at macquarie with my atar of 85.05, the catch is i havent done any science based subjects or advanced maths - ive only done general maths. assuming i get in, it goes for 3 years, then if i ace all my subjects is it possible for me to gain entry into a bachelor of medicine/surgery at UWS (atar = 98) ?
I am hoping this will pull me through ???
you only need 95ish atar for UWS

but you need a gpa of 6.5 after 1st year uni and it decreases progressively until you finish your degree (5.6)

ylhd

HSC
you only need 95ish atar for UWS

but you need a gpa of 6.5 after 1st year uni and it decreases progressively until you finish your degree (5.6)
so firstly is it possible for me to get accepted into bachelor of medical science at mq even though i haven't done any science based hsc subjects ?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
so firstly is it possible for me to get accepted into bachelor of medical science at mq even though i haven't done any science based hsc subjects ?
You can get into any course anywhere as long as you make the ATAR cutoff for it, no matter what subjects you've done before (although, doing bridging courses in those subjects will definitely help because you may need the knowledge to do well).

Fuck, should've chosen an easier course.
How am I supposed to get >6.5 GPA?!
Shit…

HSC
Uni Grad
You can get into any course anywhere as long as you make the ATAR cutoff for it, no matter what subjects you've done before (although, doing bridging courses in those subjects will definitely help because you may need the knowledge to do well).

Fuck, should've chosen an easier course.
How am I supposed to get >6.5 GPA?!
Shit…
uws will take your 2011 atar br8

you are >93.55 so don't fret

--

nsw unis don't have prerequisites unlike vic, qld +other states

RANK 1

HSC
Okay, long story short, becoming a surgeon was always in the back of my mind but I didn't end up picking any science related subjects at school and got an ATAR of 85.05, now I've realised that I want to do surgery but I don't know what hope I have of getting into a course as i've left it too late.

My first preference is a teaching degree, so is it possible that I can change that in the late round to a bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science then transfer after one year to bachelor of medicine/surgery at UWS.
If not am I able to wait and go in as a mature age student??

If someone could please give me some detailed and realistic advice on what I could possible do to ensure I make it in to the course of my dreams, that would be great.
LOL

didnt do any science courses, gets atar of 85.05. wants to become a surgeon

set ur sights a bit lower m8

sandradoo0

HSC
N/A
If you didn't make it into Medicine or Dentistry this year, my advise is to get a UMAT tuition from www.umataustralia.com.au
Their tutors are actual accredit teachers by the department of Education and Training. They sit UMAT every year and they know what to teach you. They are the only company that provide a professional preparation. Good luck

theind1996

HSC
N/A
If you didn't make it into Medicine or Dentistry this year, my advise is to get a UMAT tuition from www.umataustralia.com.au
Their tutors are actual accredit teachers by the department of Education and Training. They sit UMAT every year and they know what to teach you. They are the only company that provide a professional preparation. Good luck
All right mate. LOL stop advertising your company on every Med. forum.

hayabusaboston

HSC
So would I be able to complete a graduate certificate in science at university or at tafe and then after that year sit the GAMSAT ? Also do you know what universities offer postgraduate medicine/surgery ?
YES

Harvard offers postgrad med, as do all ivy leagues pretty much. Apply for transfer and scholarship and youre in. You gotta pull your socks up though man, pretty dam high. an ATAR of 85 isnt exactly spectacular, you have to prove youre better than that at Uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)