Help with choosing a selective school! (1 Viewer)

Lalaloop

HSC
Hey guys. I have a previous post that asked help with my selective school exams, and I'm fine with them now. As the dreaded 25th of June approaches, I find out that my first prefference, Girraween, has the same day of tests as my 3rd prefference, Hurlstone! How unlucky! And since I decided Girraween over Hurlstone, i've lost a prefference. And then I decided not to apply for Penrith, as apparently it's not so good there. Can any of you guys recommend a selective high school for me that is easily accessible by train\bus. Please... And a co-ed school. I can't stand a single sex environment. Thank you so much!!!
My current preferences are:
1. Girraween High School
2. Fort Street High School
3???
4. Baulkham Hills High School

Please. And what to you guys reckon about Parramatta High School? Would it be a good partially selective school?

Last edited:

Verify

HSC
Caringbah has pretty attractive gals.

Otherwise, same-sex schools aren't that bad as most have sister schools nearby them, NSG/NSB, Syd Girls/High, St George/Tech.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Depends what you want in a school. If you're into Maths+Humanities, I highly recommend Penrith. If you're into Science, look at GHS, JRAHS and BHHS.

Personally, I think it's quite arrogant to exclude Penrith because *apparently* it's not so good there. If you're currently at a comprehensive high school, which I assume you are, you shouldn't be so picky - any mid-high end selective school will beat almost any comprehensive school in almost all subjects.

Last edited:

Lalaloop

HSC
Caringbah High is too far away from me. >_< Takes an hour and 30 minutes for me to get there!

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Caringbah has pretty attractive gals.

Otherwise, same-sex schools aren't that bad as most have sister schools nearby them, NSG/NSB, Syd Girls/High, St George/Tech.
It's not about the gals :p.

Lalaloop

HSC
HAHA. I currently go to an exclusive girls school in the top 60 to 70's... I want an environment that is competitive, geared towards learning and a good cohort. And that's a selective school! :D Besides, I hate the b*tchiness I have to keep up with at my current school...

Lalaloop

HSC
Nothing wrong with same-sexed schools... Just so tired of the b*tches at my school. I also want a good learning environment and a good cohort to help me with that. Please, don't laugh at me, but I've always wanted to go Girraween... *sigh*... too bad I got sick on test week and could't sit it. Since my parents did know you could apply for a misadventure/illness form, I basically missed out!

Lalaloop

HSC
HAHA. Sorry about that! I didn't mean to be mean about Penrith Selective... I know it's a good school, but not as good as Girra, Ruse and Baulko! HAHA. Thank you for the advice... How many do you think apply for Ruse? And do you go Penrith? I didn't mean to offend anyone! :(

Verify

HSC
Well then I guess the ones you mentioned are your best bet. Good luck.

MissyL

HSC
Depends what you want in a school. If you're into Maths+Humanities, I highly recommend Penrith. If you're into Science, look at GHS, JRAHS and BHHS.

Personally, I think it's quite arrogant to exclude Penrith because *apparently* it's not so good there. If you're currently at a comprehensive high school, which I assume you are, you shouldn't be so picky - any mid-high end selective school will beat almost any comprehensive school in almost all subjects.
Is it just Penrith for Maths+Humanities? (im a maths+humanities person lol)

erackobalma

HSC
Umm... How are we to know where you live?
It would help if u actually tell what suburb u live in.:tennisclap:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)