Help with creating a thesis Wordsworth/Malouf (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
Hey umm I've got an inclass english essay next thursday where we've been given the question before hand.
Question: You have studied two texts composed at different times. When you compared these texts and their contexts, how was your understanding of each text and the values associated with them, developed and reshaped?

I've submitted two drafts so far and the teacher keeps telling me the same thing: Your not addressing the question well enough and your lacking a relevant thesis.
Any sugestions on what a good thesis for this style question should include and how i can successfully tackle the question?

romeot.

HSC
wow that question sucks... we had a submission for ww and malouf and pretty much the only thesis you coudl do was how the physicality of natural interaction is a catalyst for a deeper relationship... maybe you could say like the search for dissolution into nature takes various ways and is pursued to different extents and is affected by the context of the composer in terms of their view on the natural world... oooh or even do the interaction with nature reveals contextual values of composers...
wow this is fun...

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
did u discuss for ww how it was the industrialisation era...and ww relationship with nature, was that it was something to sustain him, it's an oasis..
whilst for malouf, reflecting immigration, as an immigrant he felt excluded from society, but how he felt a connection to the land, a sense of familiarity amongst the unfamiliar new society..etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)