If you have come directly to Australia from a
non-English speaking country and you began
your education in an Australian school during
Years 7-10
and
 you experience difficulty with the
English language,

I'll be elligible for EAS scheme.

Well I came to Aust in yr9 but I'm not too sure about the 2nd criteria. What is regarded as 'difficulty with the English language'?
Im doing quite well at school (not to mention I was equal dux in yr11) but I'm still an ESL and have minor problem with accent. I've occasionally had communication problems with native Eng speakers since I just couldn't really understand them due to the way they speak (not because their language was complex.).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
study-freak said:
UAC says that:

L01B

For current Australian Year 12 applicants only
If you have come directly to Australia from a
non-English speaking country and you began
your education in an Australian school during
Years 7-10
and
 you experience difficulty with the
English language,

I'll be elligible for EAS scheme.

Well I came to Aust in yr9 but I'm not too sure about the 2nd criteria. What is regarded as 'difficulty with the English language'?
Im doing quite well at school (not to mention I was equal dux in yr11) but I'm still an ESL and have minor problem with accent. I've occasionally had communication problems with native Eng speakers since I just couldn't really understand them due to the way they speak (not because their language was complex.).
Well, as long as you can clearly establish how coming to Australia in year 9 affected your pattern of your hsc studies, you will be awarded EAS.

By listing out your "difficulty with the English language", it doesn't mean that you need to talk about your current obstacles that you face. It is YOU who got here so far (you speak English brilliantly actually, I mean at least, you write it brilliantly). This scheme will be extremely unfair if they gave points only out to those who can't speak English fluently - even people who can speak fluently deserve points.

All in all, it simply asks you to demonstrate how coming from non-English background impacted your pattern of study (basically, they are asking YOU to talk about how academically better off you would have been if you didn't come to Australia in year 9).

BTW, I am actually quite impressed with your level of English despite coming here in Yr 9. You have so much potential in you, I guess you really are going to get 100 UAI. :uhhuh:

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Oh I see.. Then I'll most probably be elligible for it.. Thanks heaps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)