Help with Hamlet question (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
Can somebody explain to me what this question means, I do not get what it is asking.

How has your personal response to Hamlet been shaped by the interaction of the characters in the play?

It was in the cssa trial.

Also I don;t get this question.

Two people who value your prescribed text in different ways and for different reasons are having a conservation.

Compose their conversation which should include the consideration of structure, staging, language and ideas of the text.

Last edited:

jellybelly59

HSC
lol funnily enough i thought the cssa question for that one wasn't too bad. It's just a matter of thinking when you see characters interact - what does that relationship show? I mean thematically or in terms of literary aesthetics e.g. shakespeare's skillful use of characterisation makes hamlet a character that is like 3 dimensional in nature... ---> that leads to textual integrity ---> why would you or the modern viewer value it more? ---> because it's a legacy to literary dynamics and sculptifies the human individual. or something like that.

FugitiveGirl

HSC
How has your personal response to Hamlet been shaped by the interaction of the characters in the play?
How does the way the characters treat each other/react to each others' behaviour say about the way Shakespeare wrote Hamlet? How does he make the characters seem real? This contributes to textual integrity and then what is it about the characterisation that makes the text valuable to us? The themes the characters play out have a timelessness (eg: revenge, destiny, discovery of self &etc).

Gah, I feel like I just CTRL+V'd jellybelly59 P's post. :(

jet

Banned
HSC
How does the way the characters treat each other/react to each others' behaviour say about the way Shakespeare wrote Hamlet? How does he make the characters seem real? This contributes to textual integrity and then what is it about the characterisation that makes the text valuable to us? The themes the characters play out have a timelessness (eg: revenge, destiny, discovery of self &etc).

Gah, I feel like I just CTRL+V'd jellybelly59 P's post. :(
This is a traditional reading of the play - it may not apply to the op's own interpretation.

emilymartin1

HSC
It means the play as characters, not the play as Hamlet. Cos most likely the essay you had to write in term 2 or whatever was a personal reading of Hamlet.

So you just have to integrate why Gertrude loves penis and why Laertes is incest and stuff

M@ster P

HSC
Can someone please send me their essay about hamlet, I am seriously struggling here, sorry if I sound like a sulk

Help a fellow boser

Last edited:

mahomey

HSC
Can someone please send me their essay about hamlet, I am seriously struggling here, sorry if I like sulk

Help a fellow boser
Through the application of complex characters, Shakespeare has developed Hamlet, an extremely shit play, where if you say the title out loud five times, you will turn gay.

Hamlet is an extremely shit play because of the mutiple shit techniques Shakespeare has incorporated, that year twelve students four hundred students in the future are forced to analyze. However, I also believe that the Board of Studies could be the one to blame. By setting Hamlet as a prescribed text, the Board is essentially forced students to learn about a four hundred year old play, that hold no significance whatsoever in their future life.

Thus conclusively, Hamlet is an extremely shit play in our context that is a complete of time studying it. I have vomited on the play many times, however, the teacher has repeatedly supplied me with new copies, perhaps due to a lack of sales worldwide.

M@ster P

HSC
I have written an essay of why hamlet is worthy of critical study,

Should I write an essay about the way Shakespeare shows Hamlet and what this says to the responder. Would this be an effective essay to write given my lack of time. Like how shakespeare portays hamlet as a procastinator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)