help with my year 11 physics assignment (1 Viewer)

aria

HSC
hi guys

so ive got an assignment on cosmic engine. I am really bad at physics and i dont know how to study for this so any help is appreciated.

task:

research the models of the solar system put forward by the following scientists:
aristotle
ptolemy
copernicus
kepler
include evidence or observations that supported their ideas.

criteria:

students will be assessed on their ability to:
correctly identify and access appropriate data sources and resources.
demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the topic.

thanx guys

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
As harrypotterfan said this is quite easy to research in textbooks or online.

Try Google searching for this kind of stuff too and get used to learning how to effectively search for something, or being able to assess how reliable a source is by comparing a few different sources.

To be honest I can't even remember what any of them did now. All I remember is that some had a geocentric model and some had a heliocentric model.

And that Kepler derived the laws of periods which are frequently used in space study (and you will need one of them for HSC in equations!!!)

Good Luck :)

the_nr33

HSC
Hey Koyo,
physics is a difficult subject but this should be easy.
just do a bit of research and you will do fine.
it is the test on friday that you need to be worried about.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
physics is a difficult subject but this should be easy.
People told me that Physics isn't really a difficult subject and now your saying that it is... Who should I believe lol?
I guess there are just people that are really good in the subject and some that aren't...

Axio

=o
HSC
People told me that Physics isn't really a difficult subject and now your saying that it is... Who should I believe lol?
I guess there are just people that are really good in the subject and some that aren't...
Concepts can be difficult. Workload not that heavy.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Do stay on topic here. A warm welcome to the new users here and feel free to post any questions about physics in separate threads. As for high school physics, its not that bad if you put in the effort to understand stuff. High school physics is nowhere near as difficult as trying to understand stuff in uni physics. However the one turn off for HSC is the need to memorise a few things while keeping in sync with a high level of understanding to get the top marks.

If you have any questions regarding this or you want to reply to something not in the scope of this thread, please do make a new thread regarding what you want to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)