• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help with related text :) (1 Viewer)

xxshazz

HSC
what would be a good film to use as a related text for Peter Skrzynecki's Immigrant Chronicles?

any suggestions would be awesome :D thanks

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Look at this thread, in particular this link, which has a list of films which are deemed decent as a related text for Belonging.

xxshazz

HSC
would it be better if I used a related text where the main theme was about migrants and their experiences?

like ummm.. Shaun tan's 'the arrival'

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The Arrival is a bit overused. Many kids doing their HSC use it. Just because Peter Skrzynecki's poetry is about immigrants, doesn't mean you related text must be about it.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
would it be better if I used a related text where the main theme was about migrants and their experiences?
No, in fact, the opposite is true. A completely different type of belonging broadens your response and provides contrast.

xxshazz

HSC
Thanks everyone :D

gold stars for all of you :)

adapada

HSC
i have about 2 weeks to do an english speech on how the concept of belonging is explored in 2 related texts and romulus, my father.
and the 3 texts need to be interlinked...
what related texts should i do if i only have a limited time to read/watch/analyse?
and how do i link texts to each other? aren't they all linked anyway if they all explore belonging? :confused:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes, they are all linked if they explore belonging - which makes your job a whole lot easier.
I suggest you have a look at this thread for ideas on what related texts to do. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)