Help with the pill (1 Viewer)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Uhh, no. It's perfectly fine. All that can sometimes happen is spotting occasionally.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
that is not medically dangerous..

the placebo is there to stop u from forgetting to take it.. so u just habitually take it.. cos going off for 1 week can make u forget..

but otherwise its nothing =)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
.:*kelkel*:. said:
:wave: hi there,
im taken levlen ed for a month now and have just begun taking my second packet but i just need to know, when im taking the placebo pills (sugar) am i still protected?...also, how long after i begin the beige pills again can i be sure im protected (its 14 days wait when you begin taking them for the first time, what about after you finish the first packet).
i hope im making sense...im just really confused:confused: , plz help:)
the placebo tablets dont have any active ingredient in them so whilst you are on thse i would advise using other contraceptive methods eg condoms.

i normally dont get my period until day 5 of the placebo tablets either.. so dont stress if they dont arrive straight away

oh and although im on yasmin, my doctor told me that the delay period of the pill working is a myth. it will work as soon as you retake your active tablets.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
AlleyCat said:
Well I'm not sure about Levlen, but I've been on Estelle and Brenda, and now I'm on Microgynon, and with all these, when you begin the placebo pills you get your period.

So as long as you've got your period, you are protected. When you start taking them again, it kicks in again.

Most of the time I just skip my period by not taking the placebos.
i thought even with your period, you weren't protected :s i dunno, but i skip mine too, it's so much better :D

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
yeah i thought the same thing. i think its possible you can get pregnant but its less likely to because of your ovulation cycle?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Born Dancer said:
yeah i thought the same thing. i think its possible you can get pregnant but its less likely to because of your ovulation cycle?
Sex-ed-correct me if I'm wrong, but a period is when the body flushes the lining a fertilised egg needs to implant into (thus if no fertilisation occurs during ovulation, away it goes) - along with the unfertilised egg.

How does one get pregnant in that scenario?

However, personally, I'd not take the risk. Use a condom. No-brainer. (Plus, period, ew)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
While it's flushing shit out your ovaries can decide to be naughty and release an egg early.

alicia310

HSC
I just started the pill Levlen ED.

I got my period on a sunday. This means i had to take the tablet in the redsection marked sunday.
But all the tablets in the red section are sugar pills, but sunday is a hormone pill.
i still took the redsection sunday hormone tablet, but everyone said youre meant to start on sugar pills!

Have i done it right? does starting on hormone tablets cause my period to be longer or shorter?

thanks

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Now i know why i swapped from the pill to the depo shot. One shot every three months, no period (unless the injection wears off) and is effective within 24-48 hrs.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I rather swallow pills everyday than take shots every 3 months. And I would probably forget to take the shots since they occur less often.

But interesting nevertheless. I can't wait until new forms of contraception become readily and affordably available, ones that are seen better than the current pill or condom.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
fnkychk said:
^ Is that shot exactly the same in terms of regulating hormones? How much is it?

So has anybody asked their doctor if it's OK to skip your period consistently?

A weird thing happened recently. I missed one tablet in the week for two consecutive weeks and then I got my period (had been skipping for 3 months)?!! And I had on and off stomach pain for over a week.
Well it was pretty much the doctor that recomended that I go on the shot, and i'm sure he would say something if it wasnt good to not have your period. Alot of girls also use the shot if the have painful periods. Plus with the shot I havent put on weight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)