Help with the pill (1 Viewer)

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
Ok good. Thanks for sorting that out for me. Last question lol before I go away and hide when I want to skip my period I dont take the sugar pills I just keep taking the biege ones?

HSC
N/A
correct, however if you plan on doing this long-term, have a chat to your doctor about side-effects (which vary from pill to pill. Even if you do skip a period, it's possible for spotting to occur etc etc - plus, spotting is likely to occur for many people just starting the pill, for the first month or two)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
glitterfairy said:
What you'll do is to keep on following the arrows until you hit the tuesday (21 pills after today's one) just before the red section starts up again. Then, you discard that packet (yes, even though there are four sugar pills left in it) and you start a new packet on the monday of the red section. And from that packet onwards, you'll be taking every single pill in the packet.
i've never heard this theory
my packet's the same layout as hers, and i've just continued the same pattern over the past almost a year, no throwing out (mind you i started on the tues, not a fri)

HSC
N/A
Technically if you keep starting/stopping on the same day (regardless of where it is on the packet), you can go through life never skipping pills (even on first packet). So assumably you start a new packet on the tuesday? (the second pill in the coloured section)

I think for most people, it's a lot easier to remember to start a new pill packet 'at the coloured section' rather than 'day two of the coloured section' :) Then again if that particular pill type runs differently from the ones I'm familiar with, I could be totally talking out of the air here :)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
starting on day 2 isnt a deal for me, since its everyday i just know that i need to start the new ones with tuesday's pill

threadstarter: check with your doctor/chemist (chemist people will know too), or google it to see what you will need to do at the end of this sheet/start of next month's one

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
Well I dont know whats going on with the pill I'm on, but I dont think my body has taken to it very well. I've been bleeding for about 10 days and now I've gotten my period after 12 days even when I have been taking the little biege pills? Should I go see my doctor or persist?

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Go see someone as soon as possible! Screw your normal doctors go to a gynecologist. Its probably nothing major a possible side effect but a gyneo would know. They will also most likely put you on a new pill. Obvouisly the one you are on now is not right for you. A gynecologist is always the best person to go to for the pill and these sort of problems.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
No.

Gynecologists would be too overqualified for this sort of thing, plus they're pretty expensive. Go back to the doctor, he will recommend a new pill. There a many people who get side effects from the pill and might need alternative ones. Obviously this one isn't working out for you.

Last edited:

kitkatkittyau

HSC
I had this sort of problem with my first one, thats why I recommend a gyno. But thats just my opinon from my experience. Your choice.

Last edited:

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
oh wtf? This thread makes me think i've been taking the pill incorectly since the first day i got it. What originally seemed like such a simple concept now makes no sense at all.
When i first got it i waited till i got my period then matched up that day with the same day in the red section, then just went round till there were no more pill left and started the next pack where i had left off. So the days always matched... and i didn't ever skip any. ever.

Anyway i read this thread cuz now i've screwed it, i had a 6 month repeat, it finished, i forgot, my doctors on holidays and the wench in his place wouldnt renew my repeat. Im now 2 days behind and havent a clue what to do.
Anyway im gonig to see her this arvo (the substitute bitch) as she said she will give me a repeat for it, but only if i go back and see her again. I guess ill ask her. Now ill be 3 days behind. God, what if i have to wait a whole month before starting again, that just shits me.

Hmm, i say self prescribed directions work, so long as your consistent and take one pill a day you wont die or anything.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
As a guy i swear to god i almost died trying to read the guide for yasmin.. its lik hierogylphics
but as long as u start 1-5 days into the menses with active pill is the typical instruction.. ure ok :)

a number of possible explanations are :
- other medications/ over the counter drugs/ herbal drugs ure using.. are effecting the medication..
- possibly not high enough dose and this is a lil breakthrough bleeding.. just relax and talk calmly otherwise the anxiety is not goin to help u..
-mabbe ure normal persiods are very heavy..
-perhaps this formulation of hormones is not right for you..

see ure GP too.. cos u need a referral letter to the gyno from the GP anyways to be covered by medicare .. goin to ure gyno straight away is about 5 times more expensive..

Libbster

HSC
you may not be able to use the pill. i went on 1 brand, and instead of stopping my period, i just kept getting it for 1 month straight, and we went to the fucktard doctor who prescribed another which did exactly the same thing, meanwhile i've forked out heaps of money for all these different pills which don't work for me. :mad:

but maybe my body is just screwed lol

john31459

HSC
N/A
Sometimes it can take a few months for your body to adjust. At least that's what my ex was told.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Exactly, you perhaps didn't spend enough time on each one letting your body get used to it.

I mean your doctor would know best but I had weird issues with mine when I started it, it calmed down a bit but I gave it three months before I changed to a new and better pill.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
did they up the dose?
did they make sure u werent on any other medications?
did they check that u have normal blood hormone levels?

cos usually that solves it.. the doc should have spent mabbe a lil more time..

nwatts

HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
As a guy i swear to god i almost died trying to read the guide for yasmin.. its lik hierogylphics
haha i thought it was just me :eek:

.:*kelkel*:.

HSC
N/A
:wave: hi there,
im taken levlen ed for a month now and have just begun taking my second packet but i just need to know, when im taking the placebo pills (sugar) am i still protected?...also, how long after i begin the beige pills again can i be sure im protected (its 14 days wait when you begin taking them for the first time, what about after you finish the first packet).
i hope im making sense...im just really confused:confused: , plz help:)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Well I'm not sure about Levlen, but I've been on Estelle and Brenda, and now I'm on Microgynon, and with all these, when you begin the placebo pills you get your period.

So as long as you've got your period, you are protected. When you start taking them again, it kicks in again.

Most of the time I just skip my period by not taking the placebos.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)