Help~! (1 Viewer)

babydoll~*

HSC
Yes as ridiculous as it sounds, ive forgotton the password to my administrators account on my windows xp. How do i retrieve this forgotton password? i have a guest account but nothing worth accessing is actually accessible on that account, and my internet is not yet functional for various reasons.

What can i do to retreive the forgotton password

HSC
Here's the one I've always used, and recommend whenever someone asks:

Austrumi (v0.9.2 - December 2004)

Austrumi is a Linux bootable ISO image for recovering NT passwords and other cool tools and methods, sized for Business Card size CD media (50Mb). It allows you to change any password, including that of the Administrator, on a partition occupied by Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Simply boot the CD and when you get to the initial boot prompt, type:

boot: nt_pass

This will launch a console utility that will detect Windows partitions on the hard disk and provide you with a menu to modify any user or Administrator passwords on the Windows system. It will even give access to the Windows registry for recovery purposes. Quite a handy utility to keep in your wallet (AUSTRUMI is small enough to fit on a business card-size CD) if you are unfortunate enough to having to deal with Windows machines in your line of work.

Read more at http://sourceforge.net/projects/austrumi

Download links:

Austrumi v0.9.2 (ISO file, 50.9mb)

[Reposted from here]

PS: Don't let the word "linux" put you off, it really is just as simple as the instructions make it sound, less than a five minute process with instructions every step of the way.

Last edited:

funniboi

HSC
Serius said:
at top of forum sticked "It stuff rules: please read before posting"
http://community.boredofstudies.org/123/central/56511/stuff-rules-please-read-before-posting.html

did your mother drop you on the head as a child or something?
at the top of the forum stickied "it stuff rules: please read before posting"

2. If you can’t answer a question, then don’t. There is no need to post “I’m not sure, sorry” posts, nor meaningless discussion that detracts from the original topic.
did your mother drop you on the head as a child or something?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
As the computer is starting up, press F8. From the screen that comes up, select "Safe Mode". When the computer boots up, you should have the logon screen with your account and an Administrator account. Click on the Administrator account and you should be able to log in - most computers don't have a set admin password. Once in, reset your own password and you should be fine.

I_F

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)