Helppppp for the people who study/are going to unsw! (1 Viewer)

Serenity-

HSC
If I study a year of psychology at UNSW and want to transfer into combined law/science second year and major in psychology for science, will my first year credits count to my science degree??

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I think if it is a similar degree and you have done the sufficient units it could be possible. However I advise that rather than asking the forum, you call the university/ or talk to the faculty coordinator as they will most likely know and can advise or direct you.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
If I study a year of psychology at UNSW and want to transfer into combined law/science second year and major in psychology for science, will my first year credits count to my science degree??
yes

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
It depends what courses you do. If it's a core or elective for science, it will count.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you consulted the handbook first?
You can compare the courses structure. Any courses in common will be counted

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely will be fine as long as you pick the correct psychology courses. However, you academic plan will look odd and your program coordinator will have to set a new one for you to follow.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep it definitely will, however bear in mind that psychology has only two compulsory psychology courses in the first year, and they have to be done one per semester because only one course is offered in each semester although they are not a prerequisite for each other. Hence, all the six elective subjects you choose in your first year will not count towards your combined law/science degree besides any elective spots that is originally a part of the law/science program for students majoring in psychology.

Magic_in_me

HSC
I'm pretty sure that UNSW is offering psychology/law next year as a degree if you're interested.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I wish they would offer that this year ughhh :((((
Worst case scenario is that you can transfer into it later on and most of the units that you did should be considered for the new program that you go into.

I know that back when my program first came out, it was literally just a guinea pig 4th year student who spoke to the head of my school and hence they made a new program which I am currently in my second year for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)