Henri Leconte (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
I have to admit that i found his commentary to be fun, making the tennis much mroe exhilirating; however, after a few hours i found it to be a bit over the top. Felt rather annoying. I wouldn't want to have him every game i watch, but a guest appearance every now and then wouldn't be bad.

Talking during points perhaps is rather annoying as well

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
He's way too biased towards Tsonga. Commentators shouldn't be biased, but other than that, it is funny to hear him commentate :)
He's FRENCH.
Obviously he is going to be biased towards the FRENCH player. How does it matter, the commentary does not affect the players in any way.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
Lecante, is the funniest person, i have EVER seen on T.V. The legends game last night, was one of the best things ive seen on T.V in ages and is definitely the best game of tennis in the history of sports.

His Bias is bull shit and annoying though, Jim Courier that ranga dude, he's american you dont see him being a bias tard.

LOL @ Tsonga vs Djok game, jim courier and the other dull aussie comentator were soooo Pissed off and jealous of Lecante, so obvious. I look out for every game of tennis on tv now because of lecante.

I love him, and looking at this forum almost everyone else agrees.

cabina

HSC
He's FRENCH.
Obviously he is going to be biased towards the FRENCH player. How does it matter, the commentary does not affect the players in any way.
It matters because commentary is for the audience, hearing him go on about Tsonga can get annoying for some.
Sure he is exciting and all but he gets too carried away.

BlackDragon

HSC
It matters because commentary is for the audience, hearing him go on about Tsonga can get annoying for some.
I somewhat prefer that to JA saying stuff that actually takes away from the experience of watching the tennis. :cook:

spyborg

HSC
N/A
He is a bit of a tool/attention seeker but nevertheless he is quite humorous.

chochipash

HSC
N/A
I really hated him during the Tsonga vs Djokovic game, commentators aren't supposed to be biased and the way he dismissed (at times) Djokovic's amazing points and shrieked at every point Tsonga won made me want to turn off the telly - at one stage i actually had to mute it even though i normally love the commentary. He has nothing useful to add and i dont find him funny one bit, the only funny thing is when Tsonga loses and you can hear his dissapointment, sorry. Hoping he has more respect for Federer tonight.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
How come he's not commentating Tsonga vs. Federer? :(

ryanto14

HSC
he's alright but he pushes his jokes to the point of annoying e.g. the doubles game he played.

i watch the tennis for the tennis, i dont give a fuck about what the commentators have to say

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Yeah.

I really hated him during the Tsonga vs Djokovic game, commentators aren't supposed to be biased and the way he dismissed (at times) Djokovic's amazing points and shrieked at every point Tsonga won made me want to turn off the telly - at one stage i actually had to mute it even though i normally love the commentary. He has nothing useful to add and i dont find him funny one bit, the only funny thing is when Tsonga loses and you can hear his dissapointment, sorry. Hoping he has more respect for Federer tonight.
Yeah, when people started saying he is funny and that. I totally didn't get them. I found him pretty dry and lame.

he's alright but he pushes his jokes to the point of annoying e.g. the doubles game he played.

i watch the tennis for the tennis, i dont give a fuck about what the commentators have to say
yes, that Legends Doubles match was funny, be he over did it.

When i first heard him commentate, i thought it was a girl shrieking but then i saw his face and went :O. At first i didn't pay attention to him much because he wasn't funny at all etc
Now, after paying more attention i'd say the same mostly.

a rare few times he can be a little bit funny but mostly very annoying to listen to.

BlackDragon

HSC
Well fine. Are you happy now? Leconte didn't commentate Tsonga's game and Tsonga lost! Its all your fault, people who opposed Henri Leconte. :pirate:

Last edited:

kyokaku92

HSC
Love that guy!! I don't care if he has a wet dream about Tsonga but seriously he is more entertaining than the drab, beige and monotone of that John Alexander who is extremely boring (Jim Courier is at least insightful). I actually bothered to stay up and watch Djokovic-Tsonga match.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
lol, he was going to lose anyway to Federer.
I so predicted a Murray and Federer final. :)

BlackDragon

HSC
Maybe he will commentate the final for no reason. Britain and Switzerland are on either side of france.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Lecante, is the funniest person, i have EVER seen on T.V. The legends game last night, was one of the best things ive seen on T.V in ages and is definitely the best game of tennis in the history of sports.

His Bias is bull shit and annoying though, Jim Courier that ranga dude, he's american you dont see him being a bias tard.

LOL @ Tsonga vs Djok game, jim courier and the other dull aussie comentator were soooo Pissed off and jealous of Lecante, so obvious. I look out for every game of tennis on tv now because of lecante.

I love him, and looking at this forum almost everyone else agrees.
If you love him that much... oh wait, 'bias tard', it would help to at least spell his name right :cold:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)