Here's an interesting question. (1 Viewer)

L3374

HSC
I wanna know..
Did anyone smoke marijuana during their HSC and still get a great ATAR?
Is that even POSSIBLE?

... Yes.. I just recently watched Pineapple Express and it got me thinking if anyone actually could.

showy

HSC
Do you mean smoke marijuana regularly throughout hsc year?
Cos smoking it once or a few times really wouldn't damage your performance.

Or do you mean during the exam period cos then you're chances of failing probably sky rocket.

jazzzod

HSC
Why not?

Writing essays is sooo much easier.

Everything's good in moderation. Although it's not something i would promote to my teachers.. lol.

L3374

HSC
Do you mean smoke marijuana regularly throughout hsc year?
Cos smoking it once or a few times really wouldn't damage your performance.

Or do you mean during the exam period cos then you're chances of failing probably sky rocket.
regurarly.

rx34

HSC
Not marijuana but alcohol. One of my best mates drank so much every fortnight, went clubbing, had a maccas job and got a 99.85 ENTER.

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
I don't think it's possible. Don't the rules say you can't be under the influence of anything (alcohol, drug) during the test?

Epic

HSC
I smoked at least once a week and got 89.35. I don't know if you would class that as a "great ATAR" but it was easily enough to get me into my course (Commerce@ANU).

Don't smoke during exam periods though. I found that out the hard way (trials).

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I've read that smoking actually increases the amount that you can memorise and recall within a 2 hour time frame.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I suggest smoking a joint and getting high before the AoS study exam. This will improve your mark in the creative writing section.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I think it would be possible. Think of all those literary geniuses who drank absinthe or took LSD...
Depends how you use it I guess. If you use it all the time to numb the pain of schoolwork, then you'll probably do badly. But if you just do it occasionally...

sussy

=)
HSC
LSD would have opened their minds though. Imagine coming up with the idea that the speed of light was constant and time and space were all relative without being under the influence of some kind of psychedelic drug.

Marijuana however, if not abused and used to numb the pain of schoolwork as Deer said, could be used during the HSC without affecting you too much as long as you're still willing to work for a good mark.

I smoked a few times a month throughout the year and ended up with 98.8. You just have to keep your goals in perspective and that's the hard part. Although I wouldn't advise on smoking during exam periods lol. I smoked almost everyday during stuvac and my HSC marks ended up slightly lower than my assessment marks.

Just do it in moderation :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)