• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Heroes and Anti-heroes - Help with related texts! (1 Viewer)

Hoppeduppeanut

HSC
We are currently studying Heroes and Anti-heroes in Extension English, an we need to do a research task during the holidays (fun!). We need two texts of our own that explore aspects of heroes and anti-heroes. They can be fiction, non-fiction, visual, written or spoken. The only problem is, I can't find diddly squat. Does anyone know of any texts I can use?

Ps: We have already done One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey, so we can't do that. :(

Kthxbye! :wave:

Laura_123

HSC
I used 'The power of one' for one of mine, but it wasn't that great, also have you studied Medea? We are doing that in class now. I also used the movie 'Ned Kelly'(universal pictures).
Also Che Guevara and Aung San Suu Kyi are great political figuers, but if it has to be a text you might be able to find a deocumentray or bio or something.
Hope that helps

isabe

HSC
A Clockwork Orange -the book- is great for antihero stuff, as is The Maltese Falcon and Rick out of Casablanca. Also Frankenstein's monster -from the book, NOT the movie- Satan from Paradise Lost, Bat Man, Captain Nemo, Severus Snape, and even i suppose Homer Simpson.
But i'm just assuming that by ant hero you mean a charecter with qualities of the hero, but fundamentally flawed....if you mean the villain than this is useless.

Hope this helps and good luck

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Perhaps "The Running Man" movie or book

Maybe a look at:
Antihero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, WOW, check this out:
List of fictional antiheroes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was just going to suggest this myself.

Then I realised how old this thread was...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)