• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hey guys. I am starting year 11 business. Any tips or hints? (1 Viewer)

martelozzo

HSC
Hey guys. I am just starting year 11 business studies and loving it. Does anyone have any syllabus summaries etc. Stuff that you would have loved to get your hands on when you were in my position. Thanks.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
martelozzo said:
Hey guys. I am just starting year 11 business studies and loving it. Does anyone have any syllabus summaries etc. Stuff that you would have loved to get your hands on when you were in my position. Thanks.

i posted up my notes for both of the first two topics here:

http://community.boredofstudies.org...30/offical-year-11-preliminary-resources.html

just scroll down a bit. they're not actually by the syllabus as i based the headings from my textbook, but they should be fine. enjoy and good luck =]

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
One tip:
- Don't. Throw. You're. Prelim. Business. Excercise. Book. out !!!
there are some questions in the hsc that are based on the prelim things, although, most of it would be general knowledge when you come into yr 12 ... best still not to throw it out.

also get different resources when your in yr 12. currently i have 3 sources of resources:
- Jacaranda Business Studies in Action 2
- Macquarie Hsc Business Studies
- Notes from teacher from a text book i forgot the name to.

this lets you grasp a further understanding of the topics. btw, the Business Studies in Action book goes into a bit too much death, while the macquarie hsc book is a bit 'vague' .. doesn't tell enough at times. though, they're both still good resources. don't rely on one resource :p

besides that, just annoy the hell outta your teacher with constant questions ;)

oh yeah .. sumin my business studies teacher also taught me .. the 5 P's :
Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance
;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Yeah, all the concepts learnt in prelim. business studies just gets expanded in the hsc course. Thus looking back at it can help you greatly in grasping and understanding concepts you may have already forgotten.

broady

w3rd
HSC
Hey good to see you're enjoying busos.

One of the key factors in preparation for a top essay/report is your use of Case Studies. If you can back up your point with a (meaningful) example, it'll impress and get you the marks.

random_princess

HSC
hey

good choice in choosing business studies

i think it is one of the easiest course to do if you are business minded

i love doing business related stuff and i plan for a career in it. im currently doing a tafe course in business management with is made so much easier cause of all the stuff ive done in class. it also applys across alot of other courses such as legal eco ag hospo etc

as a starting yr 11 i would recommend 3 things

1. DONT GIVE UP.....so many of my friends thought it was to hard to begin with and drop it and now they are struggleing to understand the concepts presented in other classes

2. Always apply what you learn to an outside source.... if you work think of how something works in ur organisation and if you dont think about maccas or a family member business. it will help you to grasp a better idea about things if u can see how it really works. this then work two fold when to comes to case studies in yr 12

3. LEARN ALL TERMINOLOGY.... ive only started this this year but if u can through a business like word in to an essays and report and you have no idea what your talking about it will make it seem like you do

Rock on for business

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)