Hey guys I need some help understanding how this will affect my mark (1 Viewer)

Jase345

HSC
So I was doing accelerated business studies but I was also changing schools in the process. Since the new school was far, I essentially needed to learn the topic online and mostly by myself. I ended up learning the wrong things and bombed my first y12 assesment exam. Getting 66% with 20% weighting.

Can someone please explain how assesment mark affects hsc mark and how bad my specific case is.

I think knowing this will allow me to get my mind off this, thanks for your help.

HSC
N/A
Well this exam weighs 20%, which means there is still 80% of your internal mark to be determined.

Your specific case isn't bad, a lot of students tend to start badly but their final marks end up being very good. All you need to do starting now is make sure you study regularly and avoid making the same mistakes in future exams/assessments.

Ranks are also important, and the only way to rank higher is to perform better.

Can someone please explain how assesment mark affects hsc mark
If by this you mean assessment mark vs Examination mark, then your internal assessments are all worth 50% of your final mark and the HSC exam is worth the other 50%. The lower your internal mark, the lower the ability of the Examination mark to compensate for your internal mark.

idkkdi

HSC
rank is the only thing that matters for your final mark, so don't go down the rabbit whole of thinking along the lines of "my max internal mark is 100% - 0.66 *20%".
just focus on improving your rank, that's all you need to consider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)