Hey, how are we suppose to study for legal? (1 Viewer)

horsefreak

HSC
Its a new syllabus, so the past papers are quite different.
Ive done all the dot points, into essays - so any suggestions ?

acemusic415

HSC
I suppose just really know the crux of your content. Know your case law and legislation relevant to certain dot points. Be prepared to respond to particular themes coupled with specified dot points. It's hard to say anything else.

For example, when I think of the dot point, Sentencing and Punishment, I have various legislations for it such as Crimes (Sentencing Procedure Act) 1999 (NSW), Crimes Act 1900 (NSW) etc. Also, have some case law such as McCartney v. R (2009) which relates to factors affecting sentencing - that being mitigating and aggravating factors.

horsefreak

HSC
nah i mean, like how are we suppose study for it ?
read notes etc

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Past papers won't help us haha. I've got an indepth syllabus summary of all 4 topics, a summary sheet of cases and legislation with links to syllabus, a summary sheet of essay questions extracted from the syllabus with brief plans and a summary of the themes and challenges. I'm going to study all that and hope for the best.

HSC
Uni Grad
nah i mean, like how are we suppose study for it ?
read notes etc
I read notes, memorize them. Think of potential HSC questions that could come in the HSC. I read a lot of stuff from the themes and challenges, as well as the "Students will demonstrate how to" section, where the HSC questions will be taken from there. Prepare notes on those questions and memorize them.

fuggu1

HSC
just do essays, SIMPLE. memorise your essays because every year, the questions are very similar
i.e. "evaluate the effectiveness of __________"
thats how i do it and it goes pretty well and REMEMBER LEGISLATION AND CASES or news articles RELATING TO YOUR TOPIC!!!!

HSC
Uni Grad
just do essays, SIMPLE. memorise your essays because every year, the questions are very similar
i.e. "evaluate the effectiveness of __________"
thats how i do it and it goes pretty well and REMEMBER LEGISLATION AND CASES or news articles RELATING TO YOUR TOPIC!!!!
Don't memorize them word for word, but the points, if you want to do it that way.
If you memorize full essays and try to tailor them to the question it's very clear that it won't work out, unlike English.

or at the very least, if you have good bullshitting skills, memorize your legislation, cases, media reports and what not, then wing it on the day.

kirstyanne-xx

HSC
Know your content well for everything, but look at essays for crime and your 2 options. Those 3 essays are the biggest part of the paper. And evidence - cases, legislation, media reports, articles, anything! That + your evaluation is where the marks are.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Have a list of cases and legislation to use in your extended essays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)