Hi friends (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
lol, our school uses it for year 11 & 12, but some kids have gotten 99+ atar using it.
I bet you 100% that those kids sneakily used Cambridge or had it at home. I'm that certain. If someone gets above 90 in 2 unit with MIF then that's corruption right there.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
HOLY fuck what did you just say????? Never say that! MIF is the most fked up textbook ever! It's not hard, the questions make you empathise with the author (Grove) who doesn't understand maffs well enough and thought she has to share her hatred for maths with 600 different schools. Whereas poor Bill Pender and Fitzpatrick worked their ass off making their insanely difficult textbooks and are only used by the top schools. wot is this
was going to sig that but your rant was too long

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Yep, now judging the author, yep MIF, pretty illusional, yep idk anymore :p
LOOOL. Spread the word guys. Especially to people who don't know what a dreadful textbook it is.
I got away with sneak-using Cambridge instead of MIF in class for 2 years lol so it's defs possible.

photastic

HSC
LOOOL. Spread the word guys. Especially to people who don't know what a dreadful textbook it is.
I got away with sneak-using Cambridge instead of MIF in class for 2 years lol so it's defs possible.
So you get 100 for maths now since cambridge seems so much better?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I got a B6 using solely MiF and past papers lol.

But I agree it doesn't give you enough challenging questions.

And please do stay on topic people. If you have anything else to say regarding this matter take it to the derail thread please.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

And please do stay on topic people. If you have anything else to say regarding this matter take it to the derail thread please.
The only success story Margaret G has

And lol, here comes the buzzkill...

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

The only success story Margaret G has

And lol, here comes the buzzkill...
I'm just subscribing to this thread to see what enigma has to say

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, our school uses it for year 11 & 12, but some kids have gotten 99+ atar using it.
I can confirm this is true:)-I was one of these kids:) but obviously one needs to rely on other textbooks for further study/practice

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Yep I agree with everyone. [emoji1] I guess I am taking the worst case scenario (assuming that a person has relied only on MIF and a few past papers). Then that person would find it difficult realistically to get b6 (It is not impossible though.

Maybe someone should run an experiment testing person A (using Maths in focus) and person B (using Cambridge) - where both do plenty of past papers - and seeing how they go in the HSC.

Anyway back on track - doing PLENTY of past papers WILL compensate for using MIF. What I believe is that putting in the hours and doing the mind boggling questions in your study and learning time will reduce the time you take to think whilst doing a practice paper (hence it is a good investment of time to use Cambridge for the exercises).

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Yep I agree with everyone. [emoji1] I guess I am taking the worst case scenario (assuming that a person has relied only on MIF and a few past papers). Then that person would find it difficult realistically to get b6 (It is not impossible though.

Maybe someone should run an experiment testing person A (using Maths in focus) and person B (using Cambridge) - where both do plenty of past papers - and seeing how they go in the HSC.

Anyway back on track - doing PLENTY of past papers WILL compensate for using MIF. What I believe is that putting in the hours and doing the mind boggling questions in your study and learning time will reduce the time you take to think whilst doing a practice paper (hence it is a good investment of time to use Cambridge for the exercises).
wasn't what I was hoping for :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)