• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hi i need to repeat year 12, but my parents do let. (1 Viewer)

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
my dad repeated year 12 because he didnt get the marks he wanted, 2nd year he got the marks for dentistry. repeating isn't stupid if you have something you are very passionate about or if your marks are no where near acceptable and you CAN do a lot better
I agree with this. If you have the motivation and the potential to do well if you repeat then go for it.
Getting a better ATAR is better then living the rest of your life with a terrible ATAR.
BUT if you know that you do not like studying and that you will waste a whole year of your life then do NOT repeat. You will be bored as hell, unless you know what you are doing and you are repeating to achieve something.

change schools
Repeating at your current school would be very awkward considering age difference etc...
check this out http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=65347

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Most people who repeat end up getting a similar mark to what they got in the first place.

It is generally a complete waste of time.

xdosha

HSC
Most people who repeat end up getting a similar mark to what they got in the first place.

It is generally a complete waste of time.
Shut your mouth, let the OP do WHAT she wants to do.
Wants if this time around, she actually gets an ATAR that she is pleased with?

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
You are talking to a community manager, he/she can ban you, you know...

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
This user has been banned for insulting the almighty Rafy.

Amunoruk

HSC

err, didn't she ask us for an opinion? So then why does he/she need to shut their mouth?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone here is of course merely trying to help. It is in the end up to the OP but it is in their interests that the decision is well informed.

I've seen 9 cohorts of students go through here with similar issues and the countless number who end up regretting repeating.

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
Everyone here is of course merely trying to help. It is in the end up to the OP but it is in their interests that the decision is well informed.

I've seen 9 cohorts of students go through here with similar issues and the countless number who end up regretting repeating.
fak ur a bos vet ;)

loapowm

Banned
HSC

Despite deleting my post.

Rafy is right...

My teachers always say the same thing. That students end up regretting repeating. Seriously year 12 is a pain. I couldn't stand repeating.

Rafy has said the same thing all teachers/educators would. Students always regret it.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I agree with this. If you have the motivation and the potential to do well if you repeat then go for it.
Getting a better ATAR is better then living the rest of your life with a terrible ATAR.
BUT if you know that you do not like studying and that you will waste a whole year of your life then do NOT repeat. You will be bored as hell, unless you know what you are doing and you are repeating to achieve something.

Repeating at your current school would be very awkward considering age difference etc...
check this out http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=65347
... Because an ATAR dictates your entire learning and work career...

Riiight.

U MAD BRO

HSC
N/A
... Because an ATAR dictates your entire learning and work career...

Riiight.
come on, don't quote me on that =(
but personally, i wouldn't be happy with 50 atar if I know that im capable of achieving 95 but couldn't due to legit shit that happened during the hsc etc...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)