hi is it impossible for me? (1 Viewer)

moniyoo

HSC
ok as you guys see it in my signature... im aiming for 93 +
and ive got a decent marks in most of my subjects.
BUTTTT!!!!
there is one subjects i horribly performed... i mean im screw,,,
my biology... yer i know im horrible at this one and this doesn't scale well... which makes me even more depressin,,,
i ve got... 52 % (i know its horrible its embarressing) and ranked 109/150.....
btw.. my school rank is 137
ok this is my question,,,
if i say im aiming for high band 5 would you laugh at me...?
i mean is it even possible?
i know i have to do really well next exams ...but how well and what rank atleast ? and maybe marks all over 80+ or 90+?
what about band 6 how can i get band 6 from this horrible mark....
can i get 93+ ? for ATAR?

please help me
any advice is welcome...
im dying here.. though i won't give up
my other subjects i am above top 10 in 2 subjects and top 20 for chem .. and most of them are above average axept bio (below average)
T_T

p.s. i cant motivate myself to study anymore! T_T

delian

HSC
N/A
There is still heaps of time left to recitfy the situation.
+1. now is the time to start improving. This includes clarifying stuff you are not sure about, revising stuff you are sure about, etc.
It's hard to say what marks you should aim to get for next assessment- ultimately rank is the important thing for internals.
However, definitely give it your best shot.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This is not about the estimate here, but over the last week or so, I have been depressed as with you. Yes it is tough to see the marks you did not want. But it will be tougher if you do not do something about them and fix your next assessments up. :) As the above have said there is still plenty of time. Just go for it, knowing at the end of the day the most important thing is that you believe that you will get into what you want to be doing next year.

All the best.

2xL

HSC
Here is the problem. Find motivation and succeed my friend. The fear of regret alone is what drives me.

Levity

HSC
You probably should have kept your other units, as now the Biology must count towards your HSC.

Mdzabakly

HSC
ok as you guys see it in my signature... im aiming for 93 +
and ive got a decent marks in most of my subjects.
BUTTTT!!!!
there is one subjects i horribly performed... i mean im screw,,,
my biology... yer i know im horrible at this one and this doesn't scale well... which makes me even more depressin,,,
i ve got... 52 % (i know its horrible its embarressing) and ranked 109/150.....
btw.. my school rank is 137
ok this is my question,,,
if i say im aiming for high band 5 would you laugh at me...?
i mean is it even possible?
i know i have to do really well next exams ...but how well and what rank atleast ? and maybe marks all over 80+ or 90+?
what about band 6 how can i get band 6 from this horrible mark....
can i get 93+ ? for ATAR?

please help me
any advice is welcome...
im dying here.. though i won't give up
my other subjects i am above top 10 in 2 subjects and top 20 for chem .. and most of them are above average axept bio (below average)
T_T

As everyone else said, Motivation is key, your not gonna get anywhere if you've already given up..
Well if you think about it , you've only done about 40-50 % of the assesment so far yea? ( most ppl only done 40% im not sure bout u though)
if your getting 50s in bio now, its douptfull that you would suddenly get 90s, ( if you can that would be awsome though)
so lets say in all your assignments you try uber hard and can achieve something like 85-90, then in your tests you at least get 80-85, your final assesment mark would come up 2 something like 79-85, try really hard for the hsc you could get an external of 80+, it might bring you down abit, but as long as you get 90s oor high 80s then you should get your aimed atar.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I can't see why not.

How was the exam weighted in respect to the whole course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)