High motabolism (1 Viewer)

trao06

HSC
hmm i have the same problem as everyone who agreed with muffinman..

all my friends say i need to eat cos im 'soo skinny!' and then they see me eat and they r like =O lol

its annoying, im 165cm tall and my weight goes up and down between 41-45kg.. it might be because i do heaps of sport but i just cant gain weight! i dont WANT to be this skinny haha

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
ure moderately hyperthyroid tho?
based purely on the results..

i wouldnt worry.. unless u were tired as well.. and other things

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I recall from recent news that there was a recent research paper detailing that the reason why some people can eat whatever they like and not gain a gram (hence have a hard time gaining weight), while others will gain several kilos doing the same thing (hence have a hard time losing weight), is because of the activity of a specific gene. Some people have two copies of the gene, so they would be likely to be overweight while others have one or none of that gene.
So, wouldn't one's genetics be the one to blame for this? lol

aussiedud3

HSC
i weigh like 83kg and i consider myself underweight... i play footy and i really want to be 95kg+, im 189cm... i take protien shakes daily, eat around 25,000kj+ a day... But i also train 3 times a week with footy and 3 times a week with weights.. hard to put on weight with that much energy expenditure

starrysky

HSC
Well, I'm 5'9" and weigh 45kg ... my BMI is dangerously low, but why is it that I do not care about this? Yes, I know I should care, but I really don't ... I haven't gained much weight the past three years, so I'll just rejoice in my great fortune. Hee.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
I recall from recent news that there was a recent research paper detailing that the reason why some people can eat whatever they like and not gain a gram (hence have a hard time gaining weight), while others will gain several kilos doing the same thing (hence have a hard time losing weight), is because of the activity of a specific gene. Some people have two copies of the gene, so they would be likely to be overweight while others have one or none of that gene.
So, wouldn't one's genetics be the one to blame for this? lol
yeah iheard tat too...the 'fat gene'.

nah but your metabolism slows down when your older, so dw, maybe when you hit low 20s you'd start gaining

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
isnt the average like 9000 kj or something
fuck i wish i had a fast metabolism :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lol even if he has maccas 4 times a day, that still probably wouldnt reach 25000
hate all these bs ppl...first top speed then how much kjs you consume a day.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
u think u have no idea..

trust me after like 45 yrs some medical scientist dun either.. in medicine thyroid dysfuction is a good general answer.. cos it can cause so many things

Melsc: u may need to become my charity case.. "help u gain weight"... there are possible genetic reasons.. for that.. so see ure family at the same age.. cos u then have to be careful that after a certain point u might put it on fast..

there are also things about how some skinny ppl have more fat than obviously fat ppl.. cos their internal organs are covered in fat...seen on CT..
I agree with the thyroid thing. And also about how skinny people (especially Asians) have more fat around their internal organs than just under their skin - and this invisible internal-organ fat is even worse than the visible fat. So even if you're skinny you have to exercise :)

However, right now, I can't purge my mother's voice from my head -
"What about WORMS?"
(My brother had issues gaining weight when he was a little kid and mum was convinced he had worms...sorry if I put anyone off their food)

nhytia

HSC
N/A
MuffinMan said:
Ok,
I have a problem with my metabolism. I think it is too high. No matter how much I eat I never seem to be able to gain any weight :(. I don't think that's normal :-/
damn you *shakes fist*

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
It's because you consume too many drugs.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
melsc: mabbe u have grave's disease. would explain ure results.. especially given they normally use a TSH...
I found out I have Hashimotos which supposedly explains the weight loss as apparently ur thyroid function fluctuates?
But I've had to have frequent blood tests to monitor my tsh which has been up then going down but even though I am technically not hypothyroid yet can I still have the symptoms like tiredness etc..?

quik.

HSC
25,000kj doesn't seem like much to me.

There's like 500 in one serve of peanut butter :/

I don't think it'd be hard at all to knock over 25,000 with junk food etc.

aussiedud3

HSC
quik. said:
25,000kj doesn't seem like much to me.

There's like 500 in one serve of peanut butter :/

I don't think it'd be hard at all to knock over 25,000 with junk food etc.
yea but some people are to fucking stupid to do the math. 1 can of coke is 800kj a ktime bar is 700kj.. it adds up

Dramaqueen06

HSC
MuffinMan said:
Ok,
I have a problem with my metabolism. I think it is too high. No matter how much I eat I never seem to be able to gain any weight :(. I don't think that's normal :-/
I thought i had that too.
Then all of a sudden, i started gaining weight quite quickly.
I think mainly because i gave up excersizing and became lazy...
Now that i got more time on my hands, i'm starting up at the gym.

Paintbrush

HSC
Same here, Im about 6ft 5 and I ate so much food but never put on any weight. What youve got to do is count the calories you eat in an average day then add to it with foods that are high in calories but not in saturated fats, those make you put on fat, but no so much muscle, and thats pretty much not what you want.
Once youve started eating right go to the gym and they'll be happy to help you sort some sort of program out, then just lift as much as you can and if you're not seeing small changes after a few weeks then you've got to increase what you're eating again and again until you do.

K

katie_tully

Fast metabolism = skinny is a myth
Your metabolic rate is the amount of energy it takes to keep your body functioning. If you think about it like this, a person with a lot of weight should have a higher metabolic rate because it takes more energy to perform basic bodily functions like breathing.

K

katie_tully

Also, I call bullshit to the 25,000 calories a day. Thats a fucktonne of calories man and unless you have 200 kilograms of freakin solid muscle to maintain...fuck off.

EDIT: You should all stop perpetuating the myth of a supersonic metabolism now, k?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)