High Quality Japanese Continuers and Extension Tutoring! (1 Viewer)

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi everyone,

My name is Jerry and I’m premium tutoring services for Year 11 and 12 Japanese, including Yr 12 Extension.

Studying Japanese and languages is unlike any other subject – in a good way. There are endless cultural resources like anime and media to utilise – meaning you don’t have to stick to a textbook (in fact I rarely use Wakatta in Yr 12, only to briefly double check grammar).

In HSC Japanese there are many nuisances that are overlooked by examiners because we simply aren’t at that level yet. Examination technique also plays an integral part especially in reading and listening sections of the exam. This is why it is beneficial to have a tutor that not only can teach Japanese up to HSC level, but give you the necessary examination technique to ensure that your Japanese proficiency is reflected in both your English and Japanese responses.

HSC Marks:

Japanese Continuers – 96/100
Japanese Extension – 46/50

Lesson Structure

• Initial stages will involve acquiring and practising the necessary grammar until usage becomes natural.
Maximising efficiency by working on the 4 components of Japanese assessments (listening, reading, writing, speaking) one by one.
Weekly writing and/or reading tasks will be given as homework. This gives you practice and allows me to track your progress.
Exam specific revision to ensure that you maximise your marks.

FAQ

I understand that most HSC Japanese tutors are Japanese and you might have a few queries. I will attempt to answer some of them here. Feel free to ask in this thread any questions that I have not covered here.

1) You’re not fluent in Japanese! How can you have the skills to teach me?

Most of my friends are university graduates just like me and are teaching mathematics and science subjects. They don’t have PhD’s, but their students were completely satisfied with their service. I have more than enough knowledge to help you achieve Band 6 in HSC Japanese. If there is some detail in the language I cannot be 100% sure about, I have native speakers, Japanese teachers and self-taught friends who are fluent to consult to ensure that I get a definite answer.

2) But the prescribed text AND issues have changed! How can you possibly help us with something you haven’t studied before?

Yes I know that the prescribed text has changed to Departures「送り人」but don’t worry too much; I have a script of the film prepared, analysis of the extracts underway and questions for the creative response written. With the new issues, they are extremely similar to the previous years plus I have begun devising my own new questions to the issues. If you doubt my analysing capabilities, then see a sample of my analysis of Spirited Away (the previous prescribed text) below.

I normally teach in my home (Strathfield area), where all my resources are located, but I can travel to your home for a small fee. Public libraries can also work, but it can be difficult to find space so I’m not a big fan of them.

Cost

My hourly rate is $30/hr for Japanese Extension and $25/hr for Continuers.

My tutoring availability is limited so I can only take a few serious students, but if you are serious about your Japanese and want that to reflect in your HSC marks, then I am the tutor you want.

Contact

Please contact me on 0406353198 via text or PM me. Thank you.

View attachment Extension Japanese Extract 2 Analysis.pdf

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)