High Scaling Subjects (1 Viewer)

HSC
thanks.. i still might do it as a separate subject
coz i really enjoy the subject...just not good at it
but then thats 6 subjects..too many for my liking

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
In most cases scaling WILL work against you.

Aznmichael92

HSC
I am planning to do subjects I enjoy not what people tell me I should do due to scaling.

I plan to do the followings:

Year 11/12

Maths Ex1
English Advance
Biology
Chemistry
Legal Studies
Studies of Religon 1

Like some people say u should do subjects you enjoy or you will so kill yourself for it. It is true that there is no need for scaling really as long as you do very well in the subjects you like.

Evidence of this was what happened to one of the DUX at my school, Vanessa El-Achi (2006) who scored a UAI of 100.

Her Results were extraordinary

English Advance 94/100
Biology 98/100 (3rd in state)
Chemistry 97/100 (5th in state)
Legal Studies 99/100 (1st in state)
Mathematics Advance 97/100
Mathematics Extension 1 47/50

She was one of the 21 students to get UAI of 100 I think.

Funny enough, if u look at my subjects and my school's dux, they are almost the same.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
I am planning to do subjects I enjoy not what people tell me I should do due to scaling.

I plan to do the followings:

Year 11/12

Maths Ex1
English Advance
Biology
Chemistry
Legal Studies
Studies of Religon 1

Like some people say u should do subjects you enjoy or you will so kill yourself for it. It is true that there is no need for scaling really as long as you do very well in the subjects you like.

Evidence of this was what happened to one of the DUX at my school, Vanessa El-Achi (2006) who scored a UAI of 100.

Her Results were extraordinary

English Advance 94/100
Biology 98/100 (3rd in state)
Chemistry 97/100 (5th in state)
Legal Studies 99/100 (1st in state)
Mathematics Advance 97/100
Mathematics Extension 1 47/50

She was one of the 21 students to get UAI of 100 I think.

Funny enough, if u look at my subjects and my school's dux, they are almost the same.
wow that's extraordinary marks and certainly a great achievement!

But looking at how she ranked up against the state, I'm guessing she got 100 UAI for placing in the state.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Aznmichael92 said:
So are you the next 100 UAI at your school?

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
May be he is.
dam you got there before me haha :D

I am aiming to do well in the HSC but wont be upset if I am not DUX. Why would i be after all people in my grade are pretty competitive. In fact this people from my grade doing the acceleration test for Chemistry scored the highest average in like five years.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aznmichael92 said:
dam you got there before me haha :D

I am aiming to do well in the HSC but wont be upset if I am not DUX. Why would i be after all people in my grade are pretty competitive. In fact this people from my grade doing the acceleration test for Chemistry scored the highest average in like five years.
Just aim high and keep that attitude and you'll defin be headed in the right direction

Miss.banAnna

HSC
I'm thinking of doing Biology or PDHPE next year. How do they scale? I know scaling doesn't matter, but I'm just curious :)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
barbecuedflava said:
i heard business scales real bad = (
is that true?
yeh. it scales lower than economics. :( but i might still do it, coz its interesting

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
nerdsforever said:
yeh. it scales lower than economics. :( but i might still do it, coz its interesting
Economics is the highest scaling subject out of Legal and Business Studies .. and I also think it's the most interesting. I recommend everyone and anyone to do it! Just be prepared to work and think.

Aznmichael92

HSC
after seeing the scaling for legal from 2001-2003 i was planning to do economics instead. However, I thought to myself, do not take into account of scaling, just do what you like and so I am going to do legal instead of Economics.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aznmichael92 said:
after seeing the scaling for legal from 2001-2003 i was planning to do economics instead. However, I thought to myself, do not take into account of scaling, just do what you like and so I am going to do legal instead of Economics.
Nice.

However, if you equally like Economics & Legal Studies, it would be wiser to choose Economics seeing that it has a better scaling. I am not trying to persuade you. As you can see, I didn't go for scaling either (as I chose Business Studies).

I suggest you look into the syllabi, textbooks or related materials for each subject. If I did that carefully before my subject selection, I would not have done certain subjects. I ended up with subjects that I initially branded as "left-over subjects".

Aznmichael92

HSC
lyounamu said:
I suggest you look into the syllabi, textbooks or related materials for each subject. If I did that carefully before my subject selection, I would not have done certain subjects. I ended up with subjects that I initially branded as "left-over subjects".
i guess the subject u referring to is chemistry?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)