High school sweethearts.. Is there really such thing? (1 Viewer)

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
It's all about luck... if both like eachother fairly and honestly they'd turn it into ever-lasting relationship.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Yeah, they got married straight out of school (i.e. when she finished) because he was in the navy and was going on tour.

She's 23 now and I assume they're still going strong, but she's the only person in my year yet who is married that I know of.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
my boyfriend's parents have been together since they were 17 or something. i think they are both 46 or so now and still very happily married

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
I've got a friend with two very happy parents that were dating in high school.

cassiecocaine

HSC
Yep, my boyfriends parents met when they were 17, they're very happy now :)

bbychocoholic

HSC
my head teacher of science (who is also my biology teacher) met his wife when they were in year 11 and are still together today, both are in the 40s i believe. and are pretty happy with each other, from the stories he tells us in class (and believe me, there are ALOT of them)- it's quite cute really. so i guess there really is such a thing.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Knew a pair of high school sweethearts who looked like they were set to get married after school

Then she moved to melbourne, broke up with him and shacked up with several guys until she met a hairy terrifying very weird specimen who converted her to Christian Science, whatever that is, and they're due to be married in March. She's 21. Awesome.

As for her high school boyfriend he joined the army and seems to be enjoying the single/casual sex life immensely and is glad he "got out of that one while I was ahead" (referring to said engaged girl).

So no I don't know any successful high school sweetheart relationships but I do have proof now that freaks will tend to gravitate toward one another, so idk

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
It's mostly bogans who fuck around and have 4 marriages etc tbh

Adam m8 cmon

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
HSC 2005- I know of ONE couple (out of probably half a dozen) that was together at the end of school (incl those that got together the day after graduation) that is still together. But it's been on again/off again.

Really, most people just grow up and grow out of their high school partner.

ZaraKu

HSC
My boyfriend's brother met his now wife in high school and they dated through year 11 and 12 They've been married for 2 and a half years now and a 1 year old girl. And my old society & culture teacher started dating her husband of 33 years when they were 16. And my boyfriend and I got together in year 11, even though he'd already left school to do an apprenticeship, but we were friends since early year 10.
so yeah I think there is such a thing as high school sweethearts.

suling

HSC
I have family friends who got together when they were 15, and they are still together and in their 40's

Spinkys

HSC
I knew a couple who dated since high school, they got married 7 years later :)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
i'm 2 years out of high school, and we've had 2 marriages from girls in our grade to their high school boyfriends (all girls school, so can't really date within it)

another girl has broken off 2 engagements in that time.

klaris

HSC
I couldn't imagine anything worse than getting married to a high school boyfriend.

Sure, you may be in love at sixteen but your wants, needs and lifestyle changes over the years and he/she may not be what you are looking for.

That said, I know of a few but they don't seem to be in happy marriages (they are in their early 20s)

Malfoy-Sama

HSC
I couldn't imagine anything worse than getting married to a high school boyfriend.

Sure, you may be in love at sixteen but your wants, needs and lifestyle changes over the years and he/she may not be what you are looking for.

That said, I know of a few but they don't seem to be in happy marriages (they are in their early 20s)

your "wants and needs" MAY change.... but then again they may not.... no need to generalise

i have been with the same girl ever since after leavign primary school (coincidentally the first girl i ever liked, because before that i thought they were gross) and we will get married as soon as i graduate from law.

=D

mostly it will not work out with the first person right away... but there are those lucky and rare cases that it will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)