Highest paying/best university degree (1 Viewer)

fathobbitsss

HSC
Hey guys

i am a student in y 12. I just wanted a general opinion on what uni kids reckon is the highest paying university degree after you graduate. Including future oportunities for pay rises. I.e Law graduates get less than comp science graduates to begin with, but they get more later in their career, or so i heard.

i realy dont get what the buz is about com/law at sydney. I have some friends who do it and they say the top tier students that come out of their with honors get 80k after 6 years, (its not that much). Being a miner in Wa will get you just as much.

some opinions? what the best degree to do if uai wasnt a concern

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
BACHELOR OF MAKING MONEY[comment]you are gay[/comment]

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
BACHELOR OF MAKING MONEY[comment]you are gay[/comment]
yes but also masterzz

the starting salary goes up 10k if u do

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
B Sci (Geology) would probably have the highest average.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Well you see it's just whatever degree has the highest UAI cutoff.

What they do is they give the highest paying degree the highest cutoff, since they only want the smartest people. The higher the cutoff, the more you'll earn when you graduate. :D

iamsickofyear12

HSC
fathobbitsss said:
i am a student in y 12. I just wanted a general opinion on what uni kids reckon is the highest paying university degree after you graduate. Including future oportunities for pay rises.
That is the dumbest question ever.

You could do the "best" degree there is and start with a comparatively high salary but not progress a whole lot further in your career.

or

You could do a fairly poor degree and start with a comparatively low salary but end up making a million a year.

RTTTYTR

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That is the dumbest question ever.

You could do the "best" degree there is and start with a comparatively high salary but not progress a whole lot further in your career.

or

You could do a fairly poor degree and start with a comparatively low salary but end up making a million a year.
Or you could drop out of uni and become the next Bill Gates

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
You can make $80'000 first year in mining with the right degree iirc. Opportunities for career progression are great.

morganforrest

HSC
Carpenters/Plumbers make the most money at the moment....spesh with housing boom but even when its over there's so much work they'll continue to make more money than most people with degrees

Partisan

HSC
N/A
fathobbitsss said:
Hey guys

i am a student in y 12. I just wanted a general opinion on what uni kids reckon is the highest paying university degree after you graduate. Including future oportunities for pay rises. I.e Law graduates get less than comp science graduates to begin with, but they get more later in their career, or so i heard.

i realy dont get what the buz is about com/law at sydney. I have some friends who do it and they say the top tier students that come out of their with honors get 80k after 6 years, (its not that much). Being a miner in Wa will get you just as much.

some opinions? what the best degree to do if uai wasnt a concern
If you are more concerned about the money the majority of your cellular makeup must consist of saturated fat molecules in the shape of a dollar sign.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Hah it's not a silly question. I don't understand all this crap about 'it's all about whether you excel in your job' or 'you could become bill gates by not going to uni' talk'.

Let me give you some serious advice kid
Do dentistry. Good pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)