• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama? (1 Viewer)

Which one would you choose?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 189 76.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 59 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i had a dream last night that Obama conceded defeat to Clinton...

...woke up in a cold sweat.

hey Tulipa, if you see this, how do i vote in Nov? i dont have a state to vote from...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I had a dream that Bill Clinton was captured by al-qaeda and they were giving him a slow hanging while he was pleading for his life. Totally distressing.
I think that the Obama-Osama subliminal stuff is working!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
AlleyCat said:
hey Tulipa, if you see this, how do i vote in Nov? i dont have a state to vote from...
Never lived there but you're a citizen?

I got this from https://www.overseasvotefoundation.org/overseas/home.htm

As an American citizen born overseas, can I vote?

Voting rights of US citizen children born to Americans while overseas, but having never established residency in the US, vary by state. (Note that there are two bills in Congress right now: H.R. 4273 and H.R. 4173 that propose passing the right to vote across all states to American citizens born overseas to American parents.)

Assuming you are one of these children, it depends if on the laws of the state that your parents are voting in from abroad or back living in now.

Sixteen states, allow these American children who have never lived in the U.S. and/or established U.S. residency to vote. They have effectively passed on the rights given through the Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) to the American citizen children of these voters.

These states are listed below - please refer to and follow your state guidelines.

If your state is not on the list below:
Unfortunately if neither of your parents is from one of these states, you may be an American citizen who has no voting rights. Until the legislation in the State where you would vote changes, or until there is a Federal law to change this, it remains as such, with just these few states allowing voting rights to the children of Americans who previously lived in their states. If you, or the parent is not from one of these states, you can try anyway to register using the parent's old US address -- there is no harm in that -- but no guarantee either.

If your parent/s state is on the list below:
Eligible American citizen children vote using the address of their American parent/s; if one parent votes or was resident in one of these states you can vote.

OVF recommends that qualified voters in this category provide explanatory information showing the connection (ties) to their state and include further documented evidence with their applications, if possible. The OVF registration application prompts you for "Additional Information". Use this section to input specifics of your situation. For example:

"I am a U.S. citizen who has never lived in the U.S. My U.S. parent is eligible to vote in [YOUR STATE NAME], and I have used the same voting residence claimed by my U.S. parent who is eligible to vote in [YOUR STATE NAME]."

Arizona
A U.S. citizen who has never resided in the U.S. and whose parent is qualified to vote in Arizona is eligible to register to vote and may vote in Arizona.

Colorado
Colorado allows citizens who have never resided in the U.S. to register and vote. Colorado law defines these citizens as persons who are citizens of the United States, will be eighteen years of age or older on the date of the next election, and have never been a resident of any state but whose parent is eligible to register and vote in Colorado.

Delaware
A US Citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the US may register and vote in the county where a parent would be eligible to register and vote (for Federal offices only).

Georgia
If a US citizen outside of the US has never lived in the US and either parent is a qualified Georgia voter then, he or she is eligible to register and vote where his or her parent is a qualified voter.

Hawaii
US citizens who have never resided in the US but have a parent who is eligible to vote in Hawaii are eligible to vote at the same voting residence claimed by their parent (for local, state and Federal office ballots).

Iowa
If a US citizen outside the US has never lived in the US and either parent is a qualified Iowa voter then, that person is eligible to register and vote where his or her parent is a qualified voter.

Massachusetts
US citizens who have never resided in the US but have a parent who is eligible to vote in Massachusetts are eligible to vote at the same voting residence claimed by their parent (for local, state and Federal office ballots).

Michigan
Michigan allows a U.S. overseas citizen who is 18 years old, not registered to vote anywhere else in the U.S. and who is a spouse or dependent of a Michigan resident to register and vote in Michigan elections even though they have never established Michigan residency.

Nebraska
U.S. citizens of voting age who have never resided in the U.S. but have a parent who is eligible to vote in Nebraska, and have not registered to vote in any other state of the U.S., are eligible to register to vote in one county in which either of their parents claimed residence (for local, state and Federal office ballots). The citizen must include with the registration a signed form provided by the Nebraska Election Commissioner or County Clerk.

New York
A US Citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the US may register and vote in the country where a parent would be eligible to register and vote (for Federal offices only).

North Dakota
A U.S. citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the U.S. may vote in the county where a parent would be eligible to vote (for Federal offices only).

Oklahoma
If a US citizen outside the US has never lived in the US and either parent is a qualified Oklahoma voter then, he or she is eligible to register and vote where his or her parent is a qualified voter.

Rhode Island
If the person is a US Citizen and has never lived in the US but has a parent who is a qualified Rhode Island elector then, this person will be eligible to register and vote in Federal elections.

Tennessee
A US citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the US may register temporarily and vote in the county where a parent would be eligible to temporarily register and vote pursuant to this action.

West Virginia
A US citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the US may register and vote in the county where either parent would be eligible to register and vote.

Wisconsin
A US Citizen who was born abroad and who is eligible to vote and who has never lived in the US may register and vote in the county where a parent would be eligible to register and vote (for Federal offices only).
Phew

So basically, if your American parent/s is eligible to vote in any of those sixteen states then you're cool. Otherwise it's not guaranteed.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
Whoever wins probably changed the amount of votes like George W Bush, when actually Al Gore won the election/

ohdyamo

HSC
Obama all the way.

George Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Hillary Clinton

America really needs to broaden its range when looking for a new President ie. don't limit yourself to the same two families....

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Anyone see Gore Vidal on Lateline?
Looks like he's fading away, but still pretty powerful. Came out for Hillary

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I'm in it for the spectacle, so either democrat is fine.

Muz4PM

HSC
fernando said:
when will this all take place?
The actual election between the Republican and Democrat will be in November.

The Democratic Convention, where all of the delegates and super delegates vote on who should be their party's nominee will occur in Denver between the 25th and 28th of August.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
ccc123 said:
I think John McCain would be the best option. I did like Obama until I heard he would put Al Gore "into the cabinet or higher"
yep :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I do an excellent impression of McCain, with the 'my fellow Americansh' lisp, curved short arms and general turtley demeanour.
But that's enough of my private life.

HSC
Iron said:
Anyone see Gore Vidal on Lateline?
Looks like he's fading away, but still pretty powerful. Came out for Hillary
Haha yeah I saw him. I think he accidentally called Obama Osama at one point - which is about the fourth time that has happened AFAIK. He came across as a rambling-conspiracy-theory-grandpa-simpson type character.

spiny norman

HSC
ohdyamo said:
Obama all the way.

George Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Hillary Clinton

America really needs to broaden its range when looking for a new President ie. don't limit yourself to the same two families....
Yeah, that Franklin Roosevelt was a shocker. And thank God we were spared that Robert Kennedy too.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
NC for Obama and looks like IN for Hillary.
Haha poor superdelegates. What an impossible position. Im guessing that this is the greatest election in the history of time.

Also out of interest, Bob Ellis' recent essay "Hating Hillary" http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2230033.htm
Good for a few laughs

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
did anyone listen/see his speech today? pretty good.

Muz4PM

HSC
I think Hillary lost today. She lost North Carolina by a substancial margin, and only pipped out Obama in Indiana 51/49. That is a bit of a problem, given that Indiana would be a state many thought Hillary would be more popular in, given it is midwest, white, working/middle class, Hillary's traditional voters. Plus, Republicans voted for Hillary in the primary, so, I wonder what would have been the amrgin had they not voted for her?

West Virginia and Kentucky are coming up, should be strong for Clinton, however, after Indiana, I am not making any predictions. I think it will go to the convention, where there is quite a headache for the Super Delegates. Clinton seems to be more popular in big states like Pennsylvania, Florida and Ohio than Obama, but many think he is more electable. However, apparently, according to some (Fox, LOL) there may still be some skeletons in Obama's closet which would be used in Novemeber against him by the Republicans who seem to already have a fair bit of ammo on him. Clinton may even dredge some stories up to assist the GOP for a possible Clinton tilt at the Democratic nomination in 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)