• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama? (1 Viewer)

Which one would you choose?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 189 76.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 59 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Samson

HSC
Muz4PM said:
West Virginia and Kentucky are coming up, should be strong for Clinton, however, after Indiana, I am not making any predictions. I think it will go to the convention, where there is quite a headache for the Super Delegates. Clinton seems to be more popular in big states like Pennsylvania, Florida and Ohio than Obama, but many think he is more electable. However, apparently, according to some (Fox, LOL) there may still be some skeletons in Obama's closet which would be used in Novemeber against him by the Republicans who seem to already have a fair bit of ammo on him. Clinton may even dredge some stories up to assist the GOP for a possible Clinton tilt at the Democratic nomination in 2012?
Clinton is staying in the race because there is still a slight chance she could win the nomination.

If she does well in the states coming up, she will get a boost. I feel a lot of the Obama supporters wont turn out to vote anymore because they probably think the nomination is in the bag.

One thing Clinton would be hoping for is a massive scandal to sink Obama and therefore making her the winner by default.

The longer she stays in the race, the better the chance something dirty will come to the surface regarding Obama before the convention.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Matt Samson said:
Clinton is staying in the race because there is still a slight chance she could win the nomination.
Duh.

If she does well in the states coming up, she will get a boost. I feel a lot of the Obama supporters wont turn out to vote anymore because they probably think the nomination is in the bag.
No one, absolutely no one, is stupid enough to think this is in the bag. I think you'll find that it'll be the opposite because it is so close - more people coming out to show their support instead of less because they know their vote will count.

One thing Clinton would be hoping for is a massive scandal to sink Obama and therefore making her the winner by default.

The longer she stays in the race, the better the chance something dirty will come to the surface regarding Obama before the convention.
Can I just do a little something to that paragraph...

The longer she stays in the race, the better the chance something dirty will come to the surface regarding her before the convention.

Because, as we all know, Hillary has never ever been involved in anything scandalous :rolleyes:

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
it'll be really tight.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
No one, absolutely no one, is stupid enough to think this is in the bag. I think you'll find that it'll be the opposite because it is so close - more people coming out to show their support instead of less because they know their vote will count.
I am... It was in the bag a couple of months ago.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
She's out of money. It's over.
She just needs an exit strategy.

I think Obama will have to be generous here because the Clintons are still the greatest weapon of the Democratic party.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Wholey shit. Peter Paul much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8aopATYyw

Very interesting. I never really liked Clinton anyway, but I never heard about this.

It shows the Peter Paul side of the issue, which involves allegations that Hillary Clinton has committed numerous federal election law violations, has lied about them to cover them up, all culminating in what might be felonious conduct on her part.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Whilst I maintain support for McCain, Clinton is my prefered democrat and when she pulls out and/or is defeated, I will truly be sad.

Matt Samson

HSC
Obama's Jews: Yearning for Camelot

May 7, 2008 12:10 | Updated May 7, 2008 12:23
Obama's Jews: Yearning for Camelot
By MARC ZELL

We have commented in a previous column about the risk an Obama candidacy poses for the Jewish People and Israel. These concerns have been echoed by commentators and readers alike from across the political spectrum over the past several months and they boil down to this: while Obama says all the right things about Israel, his legislative record both in Washington and Illinois is so sparse on general issues of foreign policy, and the Middle East in particular, that one has to look closely at the views of his close advisors in the field.

Read in Full: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?apage=1&cid=1209627032151&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull
Never really been fond of Barack Obama.

He seems to think negotiating with Iran will solve the worlds problems. Isn't that like trying to speak with the devil and asking for his opinion on how to make the world a better place? :angry:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Re: Obama's Jews: Yearning for Camelot

Matt Samson said:

He seems to think negotiating with Iran will solve the worlds problems. Isn't that like trying to speak with the devil and asking for his opinion on how to make the world a better place? :angry:
Interestingly, Shmuel Rosner the Ha'aretz US Correspondant compiled a list of all the Presidential candidates when the primaries began. He rated them out of 10 on their policies towards Israel and the Jewish people. Clinton beats Obama, but McCain beats Clinton.

Of all the candidates Giuliani ranked/ranks best.

Here's the link:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/rosnerPage.jhtml

TacoTerrorist

HSC

He seems to think negotiating with Iran will solve the worlds problems. Isn't that like trying to speak with the devil and asking for his opinion on how to make the world a better place?
Iran isn't some mindless prick. Iran is a country with a lot of people who are outspokenly and understandably pissed off at the West. The world would be a better place if the U.S just played by the rules for once.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
My major gripe with Obama is shaping up to be the fact that Michelle Obama would be, perhaps, the ugliest first lady in living memory

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Re: Obama's Jews: Yearning for Camelot

Matt Samson said:

Well would you like him to talk and negotiate peacefully or wage war with Iran? I think Americans are already getting sick of their government worrying about the outside world and instead should be more worried with their economy and inflations. And if they do start a war with Iran, the only thing that would come out of it is innocent dead civilians and higher oil/petrol prices. And Iran isn't that evil, though I put China, Burma, Russia and Australia(under Labor government and power) up there though. :p

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Iron said:
My major gripe with Obama is shaping up to be the fact that Michelle Obama would be, perhaps, the ugliest first lady in living memory

lol.

though I would consider Rudd's wife Teresa(Workchoice whore)10x more uglier. :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Where did she go wrong... Such superiority frozen against this mad monk, this skinny saint. She's probably in some bunker right now, being bombarded by the media, abandoned by those who were only loyal as long as it furthered their own careers, being urged by the few remaining to end it all.

Before this Obama insurgency, she was so confident - a better actress, less frigid, funnier, more likable. She had this great record as loyal, compassionate, dedicated and smart. But this war turned her into a cold and bitter old bat who perhaps surprised herself in the strength of her own naked ambitions for power. Her key weapon insultingly boiled down to a fierce no surrender policy. She's completely insulated from the media; we only see a recorded message. The real, inner Hillary must be a nervous, shaking wreck with facial ticks and involuntary mutterings. Off stage, without the makeup, what fantastic tirades she must scold her generals with - the pure, uncalculated emotion everyone senses beneath her painfully controlled, bubbling surface.

A side of her must know that she was wrong to so harshly savage the delicate France that was Edwards. She must know that the grand campaign on Obama was launched prematurely with little provision for contingency. It was an arrogant invasion - assumed to succeed because of her natural destiny to succeed over the unstable, communist, racially inferior, backward idealist.
Although displaying unbelievably great nerve, great will to victory, to hang on, the reaction to early failure was what it always is - fear which begets a spiral of escalation into total, costly, exhausting war. Tactics changed routinely; new slogans, new banners, new accents, new personalities. Each more desperate than the last, never having much chance against the steady, growing, advancing juggernaut of "change" and its sweeping, overwhelming nothingness which swallows up whole armies.
Who could have predicted it would end like this. She could have been such a force. Her power would have struck the world dumb with the thunder of God. She could have lifted houses off their foundations with a few words. And now it’s all gone. Lost to history, lost to the indignity of superstitious, vain insistence of personal destiny, providence. All vanished, gone to shit.
And now, here on the banks of the rivers of Babylon, we weep as we remember Zion.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Write-In Candidate Ron Paul will win the Presidency.

I supported Hillary Clinton. Partly it was a 'you go girl' thing, another part was because I know BARACK HUSSEIN OSAMA (Ted Kennedy, 2007), will destroy the world by forcing us all to become muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)