• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama? (1 Viewer)

Which one would you choose?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 189 76.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 59 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
I think that Hilary is more "electable" as then say, then Barack. Barack has some really good ideas but I think that America is still a very racist country and the chances of them voting an African-America are very slim. It doesn't matter which way it goes, America will be either a sexist or racist country.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
*Jezzza said:
I think that Hilary is more "electable" as then say, then Barack. Barack has some really good ideas but I think that America is still a very racist country and the chances of them voting an African-America are very slim. It doesn't matter which way it goes, America will be either a sexist or racist country.

Just imagine if Julia Gillard was running for PM.

LOL

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
*Jezzza said:

Wow. Close-minded much? Hillary doesn't just stand for her gender and Barack isn't just a symbol of black America. Feel free to simplify it down to that but you're displaying how ignorant you are with that post.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah the Australian was saying today that the democratic nomination has had much more to do with trust, rather than gender/race (and to say otherwise is insulting to proven American intelligence)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
loz8888 said:
how is that funny?
i hope hillary wins!

Do you really think she ever has a chance? I think Julie Bishop does, but Gillard? Yuck, it's like Pauline Hanson all over again except without the racist agenda.

And hate to say this, Hillary has no chance of winning. :cool:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Unless this June is something like the one 40 years ago...

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
just imagine if mccain is the next president. just gonna call if mcbush.

liked bush? your gonna love mccain.

loz8888

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Do you really think she ever has a chance? I think Julie Bishop does, but Gillard? Yuck, it's like Pauline Hanson all over again except without the racist agenda.

And hate to say this, Hillary has no chance of winning. :cool:

JULIE BISHOP???? please no!

i wasnt saying that she ever had a chance, i think it will still be a long time before there is a woman pm in australia. i most certainly dont have a problem w a woman pm but there are a lot of ignorant people out there... i would love to see the day and i believe Julia gillard would make a good pm. i mean, she seems to manage just fine as 'acting pm' when k rudd's overseas
im not losing hope yet, miracles can happen - hillary still has a chance

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Gillard did well as Acting-Prime Minister?

Well yes, I guess she did... the country didn't break out in civil war or anything...

She did squat-all as Acting Prime Minister so how can you give her credit for her efforts?

loz8888

HSC
what the hell was she meant to do in the short time she was 'acting pm' ? change the world? seriously..she retained a strong goverment

who would you prefer as deputy pm, or pm for that matter - costello? brendan nelson? turnbull? julie bishop? like they could do any better than gillard. at least gillard is sensible

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC
loz8888 said:
what the hell was she meant to do in the short time she was 'acting pm' ? change the world? seriously..she retained a strong goverment

who would you prefer as deputy pm, or pm for that matter - costello? brendan nelson? turnbull? julie bishop? like they could do any better than gillard. at least gillard is sensible
Actually, Costello was acting Prime Minister for a time when both Howard and Vaile were out of the country, and did an excellent job facing up to the opposition in question time.

None the less, back to the White House race, I am not sure if there is any credence in suggesting that McCain will be another Bush. McCain has differentiated himself from Bush on matters like the war, where he instituted the successful surge, the economy, where he has been an opponent of the various earmarks and pork barrelling of the past few congresses. I think McCain also introduced an anti-torture bill, which I am not sure Bush supported. So from those few points, and his other exploits in the Senate in the past, we see that McCain has differentiated himself from the Bush Administration.

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
Tulipa said:

Wow. Close-minded much? Hillary doesn't just stand for her gender and Barack isn't just a symbol of black America. Feel free to simplify it down to that but you're displaying how ignorant you are with that post.
I like simple things, simple is good. Sure... they both have good ideas but you must admit that race and sex is an issue when it comes to the democratic nomination. I'm sure some American's have no problem with a woman or a black man but there are many others out there who are not too smart.

The more money you have, the furthur you can go in America politics. Their whole system is completely complex and confusing. However, let's not criticise the US system, Americans hate it when you do that.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
*Jezzza said:
I like simple things, simple is good. Sure... they both have good ideas but you must admit that race and sex is an issue when it comes to the democratic nomination. I'm sure some American's have no problem with a woman or a black man but there are many others out there who are not too smart.

The more money you have, the furthur you can go in America politics. Their whole system is completely complex and confusing. However, let's not criticise the US system, Americans hate it when you do that.
Which is nifty cause I'm American :) Many Americans are at the moment are quite tired and frustrated with the long nomination process anyways. It is complex and confusing to you and many others but at the end of the day, they're also aware of that.

There are pockets of the States that are still quite backward and racist - yes. But there are also 300 million people in the country and to generalise by saying they're only looking at the gender/race issue is not only simplistic but it's just plain stupid.

Iron - I'm pretty much only going to think you're trolling from now on and ignore you =]

S

slively03

Neither. they are both variations of the right wing authoritarian government america has now. There is false choice in the election of republicrats. You're either voting for a more moderate (Clinton) or more extreme (McCain) version of Bush. Due to the stuctural changes that occurred in america since carter and reagan, no political party will make a meaningful change in the current state of affairs. This is ironic as now more than anythign America needs to reform its fiscal and foreign policies more than ever.

Obama and Clinton both want to bomb Iran.

Enough said.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
JaredR said:
Gillard did well as Acting-Prime Minister?

Well yes, I guess she did... the country didn't break out in civil war or anything...

She did squat-all as Acting Prime Minister so how can you give her credit for her efforts?

Actually she did do something, she fell down into the ground in front of the media :rofl:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
COMPROMISE

Obama picked up a total of 32 delegates in Michigan, including superdelegates who have already committed, and 36 in Florida. Clinton picked up 38 in Michigan, including superdelegates, and 56.5 in Florida.

Obama's total increased to 2,052, and Clinton had 1,877.5.

It is DONE

Muz4PM

HSC
Iron said:
COMPROMISE

Obama picked up a total of 32 delegates in Michigan, including superdelegates who have already committed, and 36 in Florida. Clinton picked up 38 in Michigan, including superdelegates, and 56.5 in Florida.

Obama's total increased to 2,052, and Clinton had 1,877.5.

It is DONE
It only took six months. Now bring on five months of campaigning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)