Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama? (1 Viewer)

Which one would you choose?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 189 76.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 59 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Soooooo, hows bout opening that "McCain vs Obama" thread now? :)

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Looks like she's conceeding tomorrow

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Newshour (Shields and Brooks) just said that Hillary's offer to take VP has ruled out the possibility because he cant feed the perception that he's weak.

Muz4PM

HSC
Iron said:
Looks like she's conceeding tomorrow
An email she wrote to supporters apparently said she will extend her congratulations to Senator Obama and throw her support behind him on Saturday (US time). So looks like Sunday for us.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Pretty miserable tbh. It's locked in, there is no alternative. He won; by extension, she lost. There was nothing else for her to do but conceed yesterday, BUT DID SHE?!
But I admit that I love her machiavellian schemes. Juicing her popular vote lead to get 'R-e-s-p-e-c-t'

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC
Iron said:
Pretty miserable tbh. It's locked in, there is no alternative. He won; by extension, she lost. There was nothing else for her to do but conceed yesterday, BUT DID SHE?!
But I admit that I love her machiavellian schemes. Juicing her popular vote lead to get 'Respect'
I have to agree with the first part of your comment there. The fact she may not be on the ticket as you said in one of your previous posts may leave open the opportunity in '12 if Obama stumbles, which he may very well do given his record and any other damaging associations that may come up.

For a possible run in 2012, it would look better if she was not on a losing ticket. However, if she was to run in 2012, age would probably be against her.

If Hillary is not the VP nominations who might it be? I heard names like Warner and Bayh thrown up, who were both Hillary supporters, from battleground states, who appeal to the blue collar folks Hillary did.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Well it's a bit constitutionally iffy to take Bill Clinton, but could be done

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Iron said:
But I admit that I love her machiavellian schemes. Juicing her popular vote lead to get 'R-e-s-p-e-c-t'
*tissue*

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Iron said:
Im going to miss the way Hillary would always open her talks with a grating "Thaaank You Thaank you thaaank you".
Seared onto my brain.

Politics is a cruel business for a woman's voicebox
oh dear.. =/ i'm lost for words

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
He's a Liberal, but the select few liberals who win in America are the 'tough' liberals - like all the Kennedys. Both Clintons are convervative democrats, W is a compassionate conservative etc etc. THere is a need to walk both sides of the street.
Everyone knows that Obama is left leaning. Now he has to prove that he's not soft, like every other failed liberal democrat (Kerry for instance, rip).
All McCain has been doing is something similar - everyone knows that he's a liberal republican, so he has been out there emphasising how conservative he is since he started running.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
lol point. But watergate + one term + a joke

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Looks like she has some assurances from Obama that he'll tackle healthcare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)