Hillary Clinton OR Barack Obama? (1 Viewer)

Which one would you choose?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 189 76.2%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 59 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
THe joint ticket with Obama as VP would be great. But other way works, due to the whole assassination business.
Damned unfortunate though.

LBJ to his JFK 08!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Sure it's funny, but it actually pokes fun at the shallowness of Obama's pitch. All characters like him need for their ruination is time.

My guess is that it will be Howard v Latham 04. He'll make another dumb-ass announcement about bombing Pakistan or, more likely, some cock-up on how to deal with the recession. People will realise that his just an arrogant one term senator who couldnt possibly deal with pressing global economic, security and climate threats with any warranted confidence.

I dont care what the pundits say, he WOULD never be there if it weren't for his colour. Hillary is where she is DESPITE the phenomonal barriers against smart, capable women in American politics/society

Nobama.

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Sure it's funny, but it actually pokes fun at the shallowness of Obama's pitch. All characters like him need for their ruination is time.

My guess is that it will be Howard v Latham 04. He'll make another dumb-ass announcement about bombing Pakistan or, more likely, some cock-up on how to deal with the recession. People will realise that his just an arrogant one term senator who couldnt possibly deal with pressing global economic, security and climate threats with any warranted confidence.

I dont care what the pundits say, he WOULD never be there if it weren't for his colour. Hillary is where she is DESPITE the phenomonal barriers against smart, capable women in American politics/society

Nobama.

Wasn't the original problem with America is that they are so racist, and color was one of the blocks that prevented people like Obama to climb that high?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
SashatheMan said:
Wasn't the original problem with America is that they are so racist, and color was one of the blocks that prevented people like Obama to climb that high?
Absolutely.
It's no issue anymore. African-Americans have bought into the American dream. People positively WANT a black president for the symbolism of how much progress has been made. The bar gets lowered.

I would argue that attitudes towards women in high office have not progressed nearly as far. I could give a ream of examples about the comparative hell Hillary has endured. The bar for her has undoubtledy been shitloads higher. Maybe some believe that a woman projects weakness, or, if she projects strength, then she's not really a woman. But I think that the prevailing sentiment is that the whitehouse is no place for a lady.

The presidency should not be an office obtained on symbolism, whether that means a higher standard for some, or lower for others. Merit should always be supreme.
Hillary has merit.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Iron said:
I would argue that attitudes towards women in high office have not progressed nearly as far.
Almost certainly true - Obama has already won Mississippi (a racist sothern state isn't it?) over Hillary

we can even put our racism aside when it comes to keeping women in the kitchen

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Iron said:
Absolutely.
It's no issue anymore. African-Americans have bought into the American dream. People positively WANT a black president for the symbolism of how much progress has been made. The bar gets lowered.

I would argue that attitudes towards women in high office have not progressed nearly as far. I could give a ream of examples about the comparative hell Hillary has endured. The bar for her has undoubtledy been shitloads higher. Maybe some believe that a woman projects weakness, or, if she projects strength, then she's not really a woman. But I think that the prevailing sentiment is that the whitehouse is no place for a lady.

The presidency should not be an office obtained on symbolism, whether that means a higher standard for some, or lower for others. Merit should always be supreme.
Hillary has merit.
Blech. I'd be ashamed to have Hillary as the first female President.

If Hillary gets the Dem nomination I'm seriously going to consider voting for McCain.

Or you know, throw it away on Nader.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Obama's recent speech 'A More Perfect Union' has been touted as one of the greatest speeches of this generation.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Obama.Is.Brilliant.

too bad the Americans can't see that. Clinton will probably win.

mohamed100

HSC
How I think it will play out:

- Obama wins the Democratic nomination.

- McCain and the Republicans pull the race card and McCain wins presidency.

- McCain inherits and takes blame for an atrocious economy. More of the same economic (something, he admits, has no inherent understanding of), social and foreign policy for the next 4 years.

- Americans come to their senses and vote Hillary in in 2012.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Iron said:

Nobama.
He did graduate from Harvard Law School, practiced and lectured law though. I reckon those alone are sufficient qualifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)