N/A
brolgaballet said:
historical post-structuralist theory and the Crucifixion of Christ
What does that mean/entail?

X

xeuyrawp

ari89 said:
What does that mean/entail?
Think Derrida and Foucault: Language is ineffective, culture and meaning cannot be separated, blah blah. All that postmodern shit that really means nothing. =:)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Think Derrida and Foucault: Language is ineffective, culture and meaning cannot be separated, blah blah. All that postmodern shit that really means nothing. =:)
Haha fair enough...learning that stuff was quite the pain in the ass in history extension

X

xeuyrawp

ari89 said:
Haha fair enough...learning that stuff was quite the pain in the ass in history extension
Yeah I hate it. There's a really awesome article on postmodernism in the new The Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History. It actually breaks it down really well.

The differences between areas of postmodernism, poststructuralism, etc can be really difficult to see - most usually because pomo etc academics will never label themselves.

renboach

HSC
PwarYuex said:
You don't have to use big words to have a good mark, you know... =/
sorry im not trying to show off or anything.. :( they arent that complicated.. the words.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Yeah I hate it. There's a really awesome article on postmodernism in the new The Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History. It actually breaks it down really well.

The differences between areas of postmodernism, poststructuralism, etc can be really difficult to see - most usually because pomo etc academics will never label themselves.
Thanks...hopefully UWS has a copy of the encyclopaedia on my campus:p
Did you do B laws/B Arts (hist) at MQ a few years back?

Scorch

HSC
I'm investigating the differing theories regarding why the Roman Empire fell, and how they are presented by different historians. Somewhat difficult to construct a question for it though.

spence

HSC
im doing the death of philip of macedon, and who was involved.. almost finished 2nd draft yay

Zepol.

HSC
Scorch said:
I'm investigating the differing theories regarding why the Roman Empire fell, and how they are presented by different historians. Somewhat difficult to construct a question for it though.
same here..my question is a bit shabby tho.. i might have to edit it a tad

X

xeuyrawp

Zepol. said:
same here..my question is a bit shabby tho.. i might have to edit it a tad
I think massive amounts of work could be done simply on re-interpretations of Gibbon...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)