History Extension Half-Yearly Exam (1 Viewer)

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
So, how did everyone go in their history extension half-yearly?
Results yet?
Hard/easy question & source?

Taskan

HSC
we don't have a half- yearly exam for extension at my school, though n some ways I wish we did, it'd be good practice for the trials.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Went pretty good. Got 45/50 for it.
We had a source from Cuthoys and Docker from Is History Fiction? and it took me around 5-10 minutes to deconstruct and dismantle it, and then plan out my essay. For my case study, it was a general quote about interpretations which made it easier than the first question :D

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Kujah said:
We had a source from Cuthoys and Docker from Is History Fiction? and it took me around 5-10 minutes to deconstruct and dismantle it, and then plan out my essay. For my case study, it was a general quote about interpretations which made it easier than the first question :D
good mark! I have read Curthoys & Docker's Is History Fiction? but unfortunately we did not get it as the source for Section 1. We got this Australian teacher ranting about the purposes of history. And the essay question was like "Evaluate the aims and purposes of history"... Used the source author + Von Ranke, Carr, Reynolds and a little Becker + Trevelyan...We'll see how we all go...

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
I lovvve Is History Fiction! I didnt get a source from them though. =[

I did mine last wednesday, i can't remember the exact question but I wrote something like 15 pages for each, give or take, and im feeling pretty confident ive done ok.

pezdog

HSC
Our test was worth a massive 3% of our overall mark lol

Question was on the role of historians in the construction of history....used Polybius, Herodotus and Bloch but probably kcufed it cause i didnt use/understand the source lol

Zephyrio

HSC
Kujah said:
Oh, my god.

Don't tell me it was the introduction of that source. I.e. ".......? ..........?" questions after question.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Our half yearly was really good. It was about Historical truth and the 'battle' between traditional Historians and Postmodernists. Our source was some Newspaper article written by Christine Keenan.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Zephyrio said:
Oh, my god.

Don't tell me it was the introduction of that source. I.e. ".......? ..........?" questions after question.
Yeah I think so. It rambled on about Herodotus and Thucydides, and then to von Ranke?

Zephyrio

HSC
Kujah said:
Yeah I think so. It rambled on about Herodotus and Thucydides, and then to von Ranke?
Wow, talk about a retarded source.

"What perspective?" is the real question. Just asked a bunch of questions - as you admittedly do - in the introduction of the book. Lame.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Its on page 3 of the Introduction.

Zephyrio

HSC
But whenever I think extension history, I think, hey, the source is going to actually provide a view.

Does it? Hardly. a hint of pro-Rankean history, but that's it. Annoyin.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha yeah, I had to integrate all these questions and create my own debate among the historians I chose.

Quite a strk contrast to those modernist and post-modernist sources that I practised upon with the past HSC papers :eek:

Zephyrio

HSC
LOL yeah, I turned my debate into "Herodotus sucks, so does Postmodernism, but Modernism RULZ".

Hmm, yeh. I winged it bigtime LOL. (Using knowledge from critical theory studied in ext english...)

lanymphet

HSC
lol mine was 5%, i walked in barely knowing von ranke, carr, elton , windschuttle and reynolds and no elizabeth. 31/35 HUZZA! i got 20 for the histioriography and 11 for the case study essay of course. who cares, ext history at my school is so not serious~ i havent been to class regularly since term 4 last year lol *shrug*

Annum

HSC
Hey guys, i have this questions to present for extension history and im really stucked on it, can someone please help me out?

the question is :
Briefly explain the differences between the historians Bury and Trevelyan regarding scientific history.

Thankyou heaps!

Mizzchanieable

HSC
omg, this is all making me freak out, i have only had 5 lessons and know pretty much nothing. Im going to fail. My teacher has no idea, this is her first time teaching it. i so worried.. :L

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)