History Extension HSC who's ready???? (1 Viewer)

jallstar

HSC
imo i reckon history extension will be a walk in the park lol..i mean the exams are almost identical each year..and i have abt 10 historians : herodotus,thucydides,bede,gibbon,vonranke,annales,carr,elton,foucalt,white

plus derrida who isnt a historian

my case study is Origins of First Australians..and although its very dull..its easy =]

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
Um...most likely doing 2 or 3 historians really indepth. You guys have waaay too much.

roar84eighty

HSC
N/A
Um...most likely doing 2 or 3 historians really indepth. You guys have waaay too much.
this is the method to get a low E3 and below

likely the 2 or 3 historians won't work well with the source.

edit: have you not read any of the exemplar samples?

hollydoyle

HSC
hey does anyone think its likely they will ask more than one debate????
because i only really know one and will be screwed if they ask for more..
im doing elizabeth and her gender/identity

hano

HSC
Incredibly boring lol. I really really hope its question on how history is constructed by historians. Probably going to do 5-6 historians in depth.

And pretty much fucked for case study. Spain and decline of the Aztecs, I swear we're the only school who does it.
nope we do spain and decline of aztecs too.
my teacher was crap and never really differentiated the debates from one another. so now i just have one big "we'll never know" argument.

im so scared for part 1. i generally only use 3 historians and a few quotes here and there to back it up.
my teacher was so crap, she would tell us our essays sucked but then never told us how to fix it :(

HSC
hey does anyone think its likely they will ask more than one debate????
because i only really know one and will be screwed if they ask for more..
im doing elizabeth and her gender/identity
Im doing the same gender and identity
in 2002 they asked two areas of debate
i tried to write two areas of debate for my trial and completely stuffed it up
my teacher was like you should have done one area in detail
instead of two really simply
what historians are you using???
is basnette and elton fine ?
or shoud i chuck in another historian

sirpoopalot7

HSC
my teacher was crap and never really differentiated the debates from one another. so now i just have one big "we'll never know" argument.
Haha, at least that's a bit better than me. I don't even know my area's of debate. Something about the causes of their decline apart from Cortez killing people. Like how the Aztecs taxed the surround tribes, the viruses the Spanish brought, etc. That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge.

my teacher was so crap, she would tell us our essays sucked but then never told us how to fix it :(
Same, except he would just take forever to say it. Usually took half an hour as he spoke so slowly.

hollydoyle

HSC
Im doing the same gender and identity
in 2002 they asked two areas of debate
i tried to write two areas of debate for my trial and completely stuffed it up
my teacher was like you should have done one area in detail
instead of two really simply
what historians are you using???
is basnette and elton fine ?
or shoud i chuck in another historian

okay that makes me feel better, because we didnt even have enough time in class to finish the second area of debate!
im using bassnett, elton (ive just revised this and will do these in more detail) and then adding haigh, doran and perhaps another one?? (from the time period)
in the trials i used the bbc version and the movie and was told not do it so im looking for other historians to use

Allisonius

HSC
I am very very far from ready. I know alot of historians, and can talk about the schools of history in depth... but when it comes to specific examples like quotes and such I have zilch. My historiography essays end up being broad sweeping philosophical statements...
Which unfortunately gets me like 16/25 ._.;

For question 2, I am doing the JFK case study.
Fortuneately this one is alot easier, and I can use more specific examples, depending on the question of course.
I talk about the historians Schlesinger, Sorensen, Talbot, Hersh, Reeves, Dallek and Freedman.

horsenesness

HSC
think im going to use herodotus, bede, ranke, vincent and elton and carr but they are not really in depth, suppose i can manipulate this to answer the question..
doing JFK for case study, probs just going to focus on public and private and dealings with Khruschev :D

modern history
extension history
chemisty
maths
biology
advanced english

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
Haven't even touched Ext History yet. Will do it later today (last minute cramming ftw).

spazamataz

HSC
I just had a realisation that question 1 shouldnt be too hard, cause you can probably manipulate the question to suit ur purposes.
I'm going to use a minimum of two historians for section I, but yeah, i will see how it goes.
Good luck guys.

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC

Our school always discusses 2 or 3 historians in the question and we do really well. Like, I know other historians, but mainly I'm going to use Jenkins and Evans because 1) they directly debate (as in, address one another in books etc.) and 2) they are part of the modernist vs. postmodernist debate, which covers EVERY aspect of historiography. So basically, if I know Carr vs. Elton really well, and Jenkins vs. Evans with maybe a bit of Marwick and White, I can answer any kind of question.

And nah I haven't read any exemplar samples, where do I see them? In BOS resources?

Scinery

HSC
Our school always discusses 2 or 3 historians in the question and we do really well. Like, I know other historians, but mainly I'm going to use Jenkins and Evans because 1) they directly debate (as in, address one another in books etc.) and 2) they are part of the modernist vs. postmodernist debate, which covers EVERY aspect of historiography. So basically, if I know Carr vs. Elton really well, and Jenkins vs. Evans with maybe a bit of Marwick and White, I can answer any kind of question.

And nah I haven't read any exemplar samples, where do I see them? In BOS resources?
I really really like Jenkins AND Evans, but can you link me to some resources? (our school doesnt do them) i have every resource on BOS already but are those the best available on the net?

HSC

well the examplars are on board of studies, you type in arc, then find standards and choose history extension

to evryone thats going to sit the HSC for history extension good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ohh and answer the question loll where i lose most marks

GOOD LUCK!!!!

:headbang:

HSC
I really really like Jenkins AND Evans, but can you link me to some resources? (our school doesnt do them) i have every resource on BOS already but are those the best available on the net?
umm just google jenkins and find out about his bio and go from there
jenkin quotes

'no historian can recover the totality of past events because their content is vitually limitless.One cannot recount more than a fraction of what occured and no historians account ever corresponds precisely with what has happened in the past'

'...what determines interpretation ultimately lies beyod the method and evidence in ideology'

not doing evans so yeah

hope that helped

xx

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
Standards Packages :: Sample 3

High band response, only uses Elton and Carr

Can't say I do, sorry :( The stuff I learnt about them was from actually reading their books. If you went on JSTOR you can find an article about the Marwick vs. White debate though, its by someone called Beverly Southgate and its called 'History & Metahistory.' I'm sorry I couldn't help more :(

maggie15

HSC

By getting a low E3, do you mean a band 3? I only use 2 historians and have gotten top band everytime?

Failure_123

HSC
What's the highest band for history extension? someone told me it isn't band 6??.

I looked at the standard packages (the band 1/2+ responses) and there were actually somewhat good...they must mark really hard. :(

rosiegallagher

HSC
Hahaha Just starting now! should be hilarious../..until i get in the exam room lol. what time is the exam anyway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)