History marathon! (1 Viewer)

freedragon

HSC
just for the hell of it. we all need one :)

i'll start:

WHY WAS GOUGH WHITLAM DISMISSED AND IN WHAT YEAR????

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
just for the hell of it. we all need one :)

i'll start:

WHY WAS GOUGH WHITLAM DISMISSED AND IN WHAT YEAR????
1975, bassically it was because the labor party were spending a lot of money in the senate the opposition (liberal) held a majority and the labor party needed approval to get more money. The liberals refused the supply money and Sir John Kerr the Governor-General had to step in and dismiss Whitlam.

zxreth

HSC
Describe the pattern of migration to Australia in the post World War II period.

freedragon

HSC
shortage of mgrants from britian (which initially came because of the assisted passage scheme) after WWII so started accepting migrants from other european countries. in the mid 1970s the White Australia policy was abolished and so asian migrants and not-white people came to australia. large increase in migrants. now migrants can come to australian in two streams. the humanitarium scheme (refugees) and the migration stream, which involves 2 sub categories: skilled migrants who come for work (skiled stream) and migrants who come here to be woth family (family stream).

funny thing is i learnt that from a geogrphy textbook....

freedragon

HSC
my turn again. Explain australia's initial response to the vietnam war and how did this change as the war came to an end.

supre

HSC
my turn again. Explain australia's initial response to the vietnam war and how did this change as the war came to an end.
well, at the start of the vietnam war everyone in australia believed it was the right thing to do as asian countries close to australia were turning communist and we believed in the domino theory.
but as the conscription was introduced people started go against the war but majority of australians still supported in at this time.
the major turn was when horrific videos of vietnam war was started to be seen on tv. it came to be known as 'televised war' and people were for the first time experiencing wat the war was really like. so movements like SOS and rallies were held on street by people to show their opposition to the war.
finally in 1972, when whitlam came into the government he brought the vietnam troops back home.

someone else can write up another question. i cant be bothered to think one up.
:sun:

silence--

HSC
started when north korea crossed the 38th parallel and invaded south korea. The UN and president truman saw it as an act of communist agression. Australia was one of 16 UN countries to participated. Ended in July 1953 with like 300 Australians dead.

it was significant in the response to communism as it showed Australia fighting alongside the UN and the US and it led to the creation of the ANZUS Treaty in 1951.

err...that's it i think :x

freedragon

HSC
hahaha lol yeh sorry mudkip i noticed that after i started my marathon. which also fails. u know what else fails?

OUR SCHOOL DOES NOT GET A FORMAL!!!!!!!!!:burn:

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
hahaha lol yeh sorry mudkip i noticed that after i started my marathon. which also fails. u know what else fails?

OUR SCHOOL DOES NOT GET A FORMAL!!!!!!!!!:burn:
Our school dont do formals either but a few girls and i have managed very well to organise it.. 2 weeks til our formal.. we've got almost everything set in place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)