History year 10 elective (1 Viewer)

Sculzyoner

HSC
Just wondering how many people here do History as an elective and what types of subjects you're studying...

occer

HSC
N/A
Yep. Just did Nazi Race Policy, about to do Japan and later on the Cold War.

For the Half Yearlies we did Stalinist Russia, Operation Barbarossa and Julius Caesar.

x-Manda-x

HSC
In my elective history this year we studied heroes and villains through history, specific personalities were Richard the Lionheart, Napoleon bonaparte, Jack the Ripper and Stalin. Pretty awesome topics for an elective class I believe.

Last year for my elective history we looked at death and mayhem through the ages, however basically all we did was watch movies, but we also learned some stuff about the assassination of JFK, so yeah wasn't a bad class and the teacher was cool too.

Lastly when I did elective history in year 8 we studied Medieval Europe, like knights and castles, feudalism, the black death, and King Arthur. Pretty awesome elective, even if the teacher was really mean. . .

So yeah, pretty much I have chosen history as an elective since year 8, and I have no regrets as I have enjoyed all my classes.

Last edited:

Sculzyoner

HSC
I did Nazi Germany, then Mussolini's Italy 1922-'39, now i'm doing the Cold War and later the United nations. For both Germany i think that it gave us good prep in terms of 'personalities' which will be examined in the HSC. I think that Italy and Germany are very interesting topics for year 10.

occer

HSC
N/A
First week of next term I've got a "Personalities" presentation and essay test. >_<

Yay for Albert Speer.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
We studied the Holocaust and Revolts against the Roman Empire. Interesting topics them two

x-Manda-x

HSC
We studied the Holocaust and Revolts against the Roman Empire. Interesting topics them two
I wish I could have studied the holocaust as an elective topic, however I do feel that it may have been too 'much' for some people to comprehend. Really awesome topics you did there, I can only be insanely jealous . . . . .

occer

HSC
N/A
I wish I could have studied the holocaust as an elective topic, however I do feel that it may have been too 'much' for some people to comprehend. Really awesome topics you did there, I can only be insanely jealous . . . . .
How could they not be ready at age 15?

x-Manda-x

HSC
How could they not be ready at age 15?
You'd be surprised by how many poeple in year 10, can't comprehend the structure of communism, the fact that they couldn't get everything they wanted. I guess it is the method in which our generation has been brought up. Constantly people would ask my teacher what if you wanted a x-box 360, what if this. . . but what if I wanted this . . . .
Basically they didn't understand that in that period they could not have everything they wanted, little alone what they needed.

Some people also don't understand the situation which occured in the USSR during Stalin rule. Mainly because they have never been in a life and death situation, for example they couldn't comprehend that; people didn't have much of a choice in what they did, because they were blackmailed by the use of their family members being held captive or tortured.

This is only my opinion that many people in my year would not comprehend that of which occured during the holocaust. The fact that people were starving to death and being worked to death, tortured and battered. I could immagine many of the people in my year arguing that the prisoners should have just ran away or that they should have told the Nazi's the shove it where the sun don't shine. But hey it is just my opinion of the cohort at my particular school . .

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)