• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

hmph, started? (2 Viewers)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
hehe i would but your doing a critical response :p
Converse means reverse, inverse in this case :)

but anywho, my topic is weird, hopefully itll work out. Im planning to investigate how The Matrix is a parody of the life of Jesus Christ. if that fails ill just do something broad like how the Matrix incorporates many religious allusions and stuff

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Converse means reverse, inverse in this case :)

but anywho, my topic is weird, hopefully itll work out. Im planning to investigate how The Matrix is a parody of the life of Jesus Christ. if that fails ill just do something broad like how the Matrix incorporates many religious allusions and stuff
Wow! I can't wait till the end of the year coz I want to read all these major works. They sound so interesting...and mine which did at one stage sound exciting, now sounds lame!

I've started...but have stopped. lol But will start again tomorrow!

Giant Lobster

HSC
Mine sounds interesting eh?
Its a double edged sword I guess... what if I get a hardcore christian that knows their bible like the back of their hand. Or worse, I get a marker with a degree in philosophy, theology or religious studies. :rolleyes: id be eaten alive with a topic like that.

KarmaKitten

HSC
I think the teachers would take into consideration that we are still 16/17 year olds and we cant be expected to know EVERYTHING
heh giant lobster

Giant Lobster

HSC
but then if i was the marker and I knew better than the person behind the work i was marking, i wouldnt show mercy cos it was their choosing in this topic, and that any faults i find is entirely theirs :(
i just hope not all markers are as cruel as me :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
From what I've gathered from talking to my teachers, the markers are really nice, and they do the best they possibly can to give you all the marks.

They're not bastards (hm...we'll see about that), coz supposedly they're there to give you more marks and not out to make you suffer.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
My teachers said we should aim 2 have the 1st draft done by the time we go back 2 skool. (I kno not all schools are sayin that tho) And so im really wantin to NOT be the only one without it done. Ive only written a tiny bit (like a page) and im not even happy with it cos its sounding too young to be the voice of my character. I wanna start writing also cos its fun...but i have nothing to start with. And when y'all say..."go and find inspiration" I cant. There is nothin around to inspire me. ('cept maybe the shame and chastisement i'll get when i return 2 skool.) (is chastisment even a word?)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
We've been told to do our first draft by the end of holidays, which I think is a good goal to work towards, coz you end up doing about 4 or so drafts! I've done so far 4,300 words which is good! But I'll probably end up getting rid of some crap, and adding some stuff as well.

cheeky_panda

HSC
Our class (of 2 ppl) is quite relaxed actually, we probably should start our first draft in term 1, we kinda have deadlines but they are quite flexible. I think it really helps having a small class, but then again having other people to talk to who know what your talking about would be good to. Even in our extension one class their is only the 2 of us. I have been so lazy these holidays and really should research a lot more because I certainly need it! I dont know anything!!!

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by mayhemily
i so wish i had someone else with me coz im the only one!! it makes it kind of hard to gage my standard etc...
if its only one person in the class, whats the point of internal assessments?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
if its only one person in the class, whats the point of internal assessments?
Hey, you've got a point! You'll come first in everything!

Well I guess I should have recounted my first draft coz it's actually 3,000 words, and I also don't like what I have written, or where my focus is going. ARRGHHH! Anyone else had/having this problem?

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
Hey, you've got a point! You'll come first in everything!

Well I guess I should have recounted my first draft coz it's actually 3,000 words, and I also don't like what I have written, or where my focus is going. ARRGHHH! Anyone else had/having this problem?
So having this problem... Ive been told we need 3000 words written by the end of the holidays.. and I hate everysingle word I've written!!! But im sort of starting in the middle, so maybe thats why? dunno

lauren_carter27

Colossal Member
HSC
Arrrrghhhhhhhh!

I'm doing poetry, we haven't been told 2 do ANYTHING xcept the proposal, I've done that but I have barely done any drafting at all, like less than 500 words lol. Arghhhhhhh I have another 5 assignments that are due 1st day back tho so I keep running out of time to think about EE2.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)