Holiday is finally over (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Ah, thanks for that James! I was wondering about it while I was writing the essay, but forgot to ask! What did you call yours? It took me forever to title mine, and even now I think its crap. I just assume that there is a 10% leeway for assignments, even if there isnt. Because as long as they dont expressly state it, I'd argue it. :D

iwannarock

HSC
AsyLum said:
2000 word PHIL242 essay done 1 day ahead of schedule! w00t
I think i'll start that one tomorrow. its due tomorrow i know. but i don't feel like writing an essay after contracts.

philosophy seems fine to me.....i can do a really half assed job and get a pass most of the time.

sometimes i do a really half assed job and get a distinction, makes me feel sorta guilty cuz i don't deserve it.

however this is the first philosophy essay i've done that is 2000 words.

can one really babble on for that many words about meaningless things in a vein attempt to sound smart? *smokes corncob pipe*

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Ah, thanks for that James! I was wondering about it while I was writing the essay, but forgot to ask! What did you call yours? It took me forever to title mine, and even now I think its crap. I just assume that there is a 10% leeway for assignments, even if there isnt. Because as long as they dont expressly state it, I'd argue it. :D

hehe, what did u end up calling yours? it took me a while to make my own title up too.i think it was something like 'An Evaluation of the Self-Conscious and Social-Conscious Approaches to Pride, Shame and Guilt: Is it an Unnecessary and Limiting Division?' i had originally had the 'pride, shame and guilt' as 'self-conscious emotions' (which was better, considering we are talking about the entire class and not just those three) but it sounded weird with the two self-conscious words in the same title... i always like to have the title as some sort of question...ultimately, i dont think i will go as well as i hope though, the essay was far harder than i expected... but at least its done!!!! (and law114 is done too)... so my holdiays officially started on saturday night and will end tonight for uni tommorrow...:)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
oh btw. is it just me or does anyone have a worrying fit once they have handed an essay in to be scared that you handed in like a draft or the wrong thing, or forgot something???? i hate that feeling!!!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
oh btw. is it just me or does anyone have a worrying fit once they have handed an essay in to be scared that you handed in like a draft or the wrong thing, or forgot something???? i hate that feeling!!!
haha yeh thats why i like save it to my usb drive and email it to myself.. in case something like that happens (though it never has)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
cro_angel said:
haha yeh thats why i like save it to my usb drive and email it to myself.. in case something like that happens (though it never has)
i like that idea.. i think i will start to do that aswell.. good thinking!!

The reason im more worried is that i handed in two assignments today and knowing me, i probably handed them in the wrong boxes (psych to law box and vis versa)

oh btw.. i forgot a title page....lol. im actually going to go to the trouble tommorrow to resubmit it...with a title page... waste a time really, but im soo obsessed i will go to that length.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
hehe, what did u end up calling yours? it took me a while to make my own title up too.i think it was something like 'An Evaluation of the Self-Conscious and Social-Conscious Approaches to Pride, Shame and Guilt: Is it an Unnecessary and Limiting Division?' i had originally had the 'pride, shame and guilt' as 'self-conscious emotions' (which was better, considering we are talking about the entire class and not just those three) but it sounded weird with the two self-conscious words in the same title... i always like to have the title as some sort of question...ultimately, i dont think i will go as well as i hope though, the essay was far harder than i expected... but at least its done!!!! (and law114 is done too)... so my holdiays officially started on saturday night and will end tonight for uni tommorrow...:)
I called mine Shame, Pride and Guilt: The Interplay of Self and Social Aspirations in the Development and Elicitation of Self-Conscious Emotions.. pretty crappy, huh? I just tried to sound smart in the title to make up fo the essay ;)

And dont worry, there will be more beautiful juris essays to come! :)

...and, yeah I get the feeling re: handind in assignments. I stand in front of the box contemplating whether I've really finished or not.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
I think i'll start that one tomorrow. its due tomorrow i know. but i don't feel like writing an essay after contracts.

philosophy seems fine to me.....i can do a really half assed job and get a pass most of the time.

sometimes i do a really half assed job and get a distinction, makes me feel sorta guilty cuz i don't deserve it.

however this is the first philosophy essay i've done that is 2000 words.

can one really babble on for that many words about meaningless things in a vein attempt to sound smart? *smokes corncob pipe*
I was struggling to fit it under :S damn impractical ethics.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha i stand in front of the box going through my assignments, counting the pages, checking they follow on, counting them again and looking for mistakes (which i have already done at least 10 times at home), then throw it in and get the feeling of dread, hoping everything i did at home was there, lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
haha i stand in front of the box going through my assignments, counting the pages, checking they follow on, counting them again and looking for mistakes (which i have already done at least 10 times at home), then throw it in and get the feeling of dread, hoping everything i did at home was there, lol
Haha, i couldnt be happier to get rid of it myself :p

X

xeuyrawp

iambored said:
Jesus, I do the same thing. I worry so goddamn much.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
thats exactly what i do. except sometimes i might find a bloody mistake which makes it 10 times worst..grrrrr

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
LOL i thought i was the only one, i always feel like a freak but i have to do it.

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
find a bloody mistake which makes it 10 times worst..grrrrr
Especially if you're had the assignment (like my 4U english) bound in a book, and you see a grammatical error... in english.

I remember sitting on the train looking through my 4U english and seeing the word "of" instead of "off", and writing in an F with a black pen. Never sweated so much in my life.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
not with me...by the time i finish doing an assignment i dont have time for anything, it is either speeding / running / catch up on sleep from an allnighter. :eek:

X

xeuyrawp

redruM said:
not with me...by the time i finish doing an assignment i dont have time for anything, it is either speeding / running / catch up on sleep from an allnighter. :eek:
I can proudly say my only all nighters thus far have been. 1. DT Project- I spent 2 full days on it:

I just was like "I'm not going to make the deadline" and my mum seriously goes "man I'm pissed at you. You do NOT leave this computer till your works finished" (then she brought me an orange juice and a hug:)) that was like at 7 AM on a Tuesday. I was then constantly working that whole day- I took the occasional break which consisted of taking a pee and getting a drink. Anyway, two nights later, got the project in. After that, I sleept for like 15 hours... :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I forget if its night or day thats how many times ive been up

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
I forget if its night or day thats how many times ive been up
Yeh. It's the worst sight (I've got a window to my right that I can see the horizon out of. It's odd when you're away typing, and suddenly, the sun comes up :)

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
I've morphed the last 7 days into 6

My sleeping patterns are totally out of whack

Like awake for 20 hours, sleeping for 8, then the same again (that is, not adding up to 24 hours for a day)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)